Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH?

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #22  
As a Carraro owner, I followed rangerdave's thread concerning his problems with a broken Carraro tractor. It's a pretty sad story. Carraro has the strongest commitment to the U.S. market of any similar tractor manufacturer, but their organization here is far from perfect. They've had far too many "dealers" who have sold machines and then dropped the line. The head office of AC America has some very good people, and a few not so good. They have always been very helpful to me.

I think that a decision to buy a Carraro is easy if you are a vineyard or orchard owner in the northwest. They're is nothing better. For anyone else, the decision has to balance the benefits and suitability of the tractor against the problems of owning something somewhat "exotic".

I have three Carraro's and I think they are great. For hillside mowing they can't be beat. They are very powerful and compact, but that means that components are packing pretty tight, and repairs can be difficult.

I hope that my post is helpful.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #23  
i have a ttr4400 and my hydraulic pump let go. the pump is made by lamborghini. i tired to get a replacement locally but no luck. I got a new one from Gene Canales of Ferarri Tractor CIE. Gene is very close to the AC America warehouse and is very knowledgeable with these machines. I also have a 8400TRX with spray cab and Gene has helped me get charcoal filters for it. I replaced it 2 years ago and ran me about $400. Had to take a pipe out of bottom. There is a filter in there too. The hydraulic pump is driven right off the engine flywheel. Thats why the manual says use 15W40 for the hydraulic fluid in the front. If you blow the seal in the hydraulic, all the fluid disappears into the engine crankcase and then you wonder where it went to. Into the engine! So don't use tractor hydraulic in the front fill. Use engine oil. If you share implements, you may want to rethink what you attach to the front hydraulic ports on the TTR. The back ports take regular hydraulic. Hope this helps. If you need to talk to me, send me a private message and I will send you my phone or email address. By the way, I am in Cleveland, Ohio area.

Ciao!

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH?
Got my Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH back this morning and got some long overdue bush-hogging done. It was in the shop for much longer than expected because of an unexpected setback. The guy working on it had it completely apart when he was diagnosed with aggressive bladder cancer. He had his bladder completely removed and they made a new bladder using small intestine tissue sewed together in a fashion like how a football is pieced together in a 13 hour operation. It was months before he returned to work and then had some equipment setbacks including having to send back two hydraulic pumps back to Antonio Carraro before the third pump was the charm. It seems the 4400 TTH series has undergone some internal changes over the years involving the hydraulic system. My 2002 model year tractor's hydrostatic drive was working well but was leaking oil, thus it required being taken apart to replace seals. The transmission control foot pedal was also working well, but the mechanic discovered a broken piece at the linkage connection point and was unable to buy that individual piece from A-C, thus necessitating a complete control valve replacement. An expensive repair from start to finish but am glad the tractor works great. It is a compact, low-slung, hill-hugging beast!

Now would like to get a reversed direction three-point flail mower to use with the seat & controls in the rearward facing position. If you hear of a used one for sale, let me know.
Bill in NC

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #25  
where can i get a shop repair manual for a ....2000 Antonio Carraro Tigre Tractor Hst 4400

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #26  
I bought A.C 440 .Does anyone knows where to get repair manual,and what front loader will fit? any help appreciated.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #27  
Eugene Canales at Ferrarri tractor can help you. There are loaders available that attach to the front end of the tractor, or a version that attaches to the three point hitch. Before you buy one, find someone who has one and speak with them. It's not as straightforward a set-up as on a conventional tractor, and it may not have the lifting or digging capacity that you might expect.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #28  
WALTER! there is no one who have this tractor or I can speak to,that's why I am asking forum,and if it would be strait forward job I would not be asking. I am maintenance/modification engineer, but have to know what make of loader will fit and where to get shop manual.

/ Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH?
I am the third owner of my Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH. The first owner was a golf course in Florida and they received it with a cab. A non air-conditioned cab is not going to be a fun place to be working on hot Florida days. The golf course removed the cab. The roll bar equipped non-cab model has completely different hydraulic controls and a different fender structure. Thus, to convert this cab-less 4400 TTH would have been a big conversion project. Instead, I had Professional Welding of Zebulon, NC build a roll bar structure. They built a unique lower structure that places the roll-over force directly onto the rear axle structure while maintaining the fender integrity. You will notice 1/2" shims placed under the hydraulic control housings so as to provide space for the roll bar top assembly to bolt-through the fender to the lower support structure.

bc61f204.jpg picture by wstr75 - Photobucket

Last edited:
   / Anybody Here Own an Antonio Carraro 4400 TTH? #30  
Hello

I bought an used Antonio Carraro TTR 4400 HST, 1999 model.
Information or any discussions regarding AC tractors seems to be hard to find, hopely this forum is active and we can all benefit on it.

My tractor has cabin and some extra hydraulics. It also has front end loader, made by Lewis (Lewis LandLugger 25Q, from Great Britain). It has been driven about 2500 hours by previous owner.

Tractor is quite balanced without front end loader and the loader makes is front weighted. I made rear counter weight to balance it.

Rear left side drive shaft was broken when I bought the tractor, I have now repaired it. One thing is left to do before I can really start using it, engine thermometer does not work, maybe loose connection or broken wires, don't know yet.