Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!!

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #11  
Thanks for the info. Didn't they used to put Perkins in Massey Fergusons?

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #12  
Yes, Agco uses some as well as I remember. Perkin's show up nearly everywhere at one time or another.

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #13  
Agco is planning on replacing the Lexion with a yellow Gleaner. They had one all decked out in Challenger colors and decals at the unveiling. I do know the Claas Lexion is one of the best combines on the market with a pricetag to match. I know a guy who was harvesting wheat in a 485 with a 30' header and traveling 8mph. That would be a fun experience.

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #14  
Hi, And to think those Claas combines are old MF's!! When they were going through financial problems courtesey of a certain idiot, they started selling things off, such as the combine line. I believe White bought it, then they sold it to Claas!!

See you

Will
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #15  
Claas combines have always been made by Claas. Massey bought Claas combines and relabled them MF. White Farm Equipment had there own combine factory in Canada, I think it started as Cockshutt, then Oliver then White, it was taken over later by Massey Ferguson. Woodbeef can probably be a little more clear on this.
Chuck M.

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #16  
Last year when I was shopping for a compact I had prices on a Massey 1433, the comparable AGCO and then the CAT. The Massey was just under $17K, the AGCO was $14,800 and the CAT was priced to me at $21,000. They all had the same engine, transmission, loader, and R4 tires. The Massey and AGCO dealers were in Athens Ala and the CAT was over in GA. When the guy told me the price I told him about the other prices I had and he told me that this tractor was a CAT and it was better. But they are all Iseki! I told him. He acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. He may not have!

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #18  
Chuck has it correct, both MF and Ford have badge engineered Claas combines over the years. The Massey rotary is the old White one. The new Claas of Omaha combines are still being sold as Cat combines.

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #19  
Actually, White Farm did engineer that rotary combine, but MF had one in R&D that looked about the same, White filed a lawsuit against MF for patent infringments, when White ran into to financial trouble, MF took over the White combine factory, combine the two designs, and what they came up with is the forerunner of the MF combine there building today. Is'nt Caterpillar changing from Claas to AGCO something?
On the Cat Compacts, I think the Cat dealers buy those directly from AGCO with the Challenger name.
Chuck M.

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #20  
Hey guys,I just noticed that the challanger 400b series(60-90hp) tractors look identical to my my discontinued 4345.So agco adds the 5400's, paints the 4300's yellow and adds a few grand per tractor.Not bad. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif