Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!!

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #1  

jtn

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45D
As you may already know Caterpillar recently sold manufacturing and distribution rights to its Challenger line of rubber track tractors to AGCO. Part of the arrangement is that AGCO will be able to market its own new line of Challenger tractors through Caterpillar dealers. This includes a full line of wheeled tractors down to 24 horsepower and a full line of implements.

Check out this link:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.challenger.agcocorp.com/>http://www.challenger.agcocorp.com/</A>

It is my understanding that the Challengers will be availible this fall and have more features than the regular AGCO line.

JT

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #2  
Interesting....../w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif Just they had more pics of the 200 series...

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #3  
Of course, everyone knows the Challenger Line are Iseki's, painted yellow instead of AGCO Orange or Iseki Blue... If you look at the picture of the gal on the tractor with the trees, it is the exact picture in their Brochure of the AGCO ST45... yellow instead of orange, just a retouched picture... Great tractors.. I have an ISEKI TA 210 which is just like the AGCO ST 40 or Massey 1240.... Very Solid... Would be neat to have a Caterpiller like color....

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #4  
<font color=blue> Massey 1240 </font color=blue>

What Massey models does Iseki make?

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #5  
marrt,
I don‘t know how the others match up, but I do know these.
Iseki - Massey
TK 527 - 1240
TK 532 - 1250
TK 538 - 1260
I have a MF 1250-4 and have put just under 1000 hours on it in about 2.4 years.
They are a well made tractor.

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #6  
Sharp looking units..wonder what the going price would be on the compact tractors?? /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #7  
They (Cat) make a combine too now.

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #8  
Yea, They are made by Claas in Europe. Claas recently bought out of the Cat/Claas joint venture. The combines will still be sold by Cat but since Agco allis bought the Challenger line from Cat, Claas will no longer sell "Claas Challengers" in Europe. It is unknown how Claas will fit into the new Agco/Cat arangment as Agco has their own line of Harvesters.

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #9  
Caterpillar owns Mitsubishi (or the other way around). My Cub Cadet is a Mitsubishi. Isn't that like having a Caterpillar tractor? (it's industrial yellow).

/ Caterpillar Compact Tractor!!! #10  
Cat has a joint venture with Mitsu. Back in the sixties, it was the way around Japenese import taxes and thusly, into the Japan market. These days, Several Cat products are produced in Japan and sold here. The E series and 300 series excavators, the D3,4,5 B,C and G (late model), and some of the small wheel loaders. Mitsu engines also show up in some of the compact stuff, the rest being perkins usually. FYI, Cat owns Perkins now.