Steiner MPV (early Utilimax)

/ Steiner MPV (early Utilimax) #1  

Ozark Hollow

Missouri Ozarks, in a hollow with a creek.
Tractor
B2620
I have a 1987 Steiner MPV. It looks like the later Utilimax, 4x4 with a hydraulic dump bed and front mounted mower.

I just purchased a new Kubota B2620 and I need to make room in the garage.

Anyone here have any idea on what I should ask for the Steiner? I hate selling it, but I just don't want to maintain more than one tractor. It has about 850 hours on it. I only have the mower deck for it, no other attachments.

I've looked all over but can't get a handle on what it's worth. I know it was a fairly expensive machine when it was new, and it can do double duty as a mower and UTV.

Thanks!

/ Steiner MPV (early Utilimax) #2  
Ever decide on a price for this? Couldn't find any specs/pics on the web. Just the newer stuff.

/ Steiner MPV (early Utilimax)
Sorry for the long time lag. After I posted, I had decided to keep it, but after much waffling back and forth, I finally put it up for sale on eBay. It has met my reserve, which was the rock bottom price I paid for it at a farm auction. My first thought on seeing it was "Wow! What a nifty machine!". Everyone else there just looked at it and scratched their heads. The auctioneer mentioned that they sold for 18k new, but I don't think anyone believed him. After the farm auction finished I had two people come up and offer me much more than I paid, I have no idea why they didn't bid on it if they wanted it.

It was a hard decision to sell it, but I just don't have any where to put it since I got my Kubota B2620 (Jack, the Pumpkin King). If I had a local dealer for service, I'd have kept it figured out some way to house it.

Here is a picture of another Utilimax for sale:
Norfolk Tractor : 2003 Steiner Utilimax Utility Vehicle

Mine was painted off white by the Parks service, but otherwise looks nearly the same, the steering column is slightly different. I'll be sad to see it go, but the current high bid is by someone with "Steiner" in his user ID, so hopefully it will go to a good home.

I'm planning to use the proceeds to go towards either a flail mower or a finish mower. Oh and maybe a Delta Hook system.... -.-

/ Steiner MPV (early Utilimax) #4  
Hi Ozark Hollow
do u still have your mpv? if u have is there a chanse u can take a photo off the carburator , having problems finding where all the springs is going // Mattis

/ Steiner MPV (early Utilimax) #5  
I have a steiner MPV if you still need photos let me know. I am having starter problems, it does not like to engage the motor most of the time. Also have to have a leak in a rear motor fixed but other than that love the tractor.

Hi Ozark Hollow
do u still have your mpv? if u have is there a chanse u can take a photo off the carburator , having problems finding where all the springs is going // Mattis

/ Steiner MPV (early Utilimax) #6  
I have a steiner MPV if you still need photos let me know. I am having starter problems, it does not like to engage the motor most of the time. Also have to have a leak in a rear motor fixed but other than that love the tractor.

Hi there
are u interested in selling your steiner?

/ Steiner MPV (early Utilimax) #9  

Hi I am a new memeber in Sweden and have just acquired what I believe to be a Steiner MPV, not sure as to the exact age etc. I would really appreciate photos of the engine area, as it has been partly dismantled as the Onan has ( I am told failed again) so no covers and many parts missing. I am particularly interested in how the pulley system to the front axel is arranged and from where the drive comes. I am considering just swopping out the engine, but again without knowing if I need to be able to have a drive at each side of the motor etc.. makes it a little complicated. I have been offered Vanguards and a Kubota 722, I guess the vanguard would be simplest but if I need to drive the front as well .. So pics will help, thoughts are also greatly appreciated:thumbsup: