antonio carraro models

/ antonio carraro models #1  

debushau

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD4720, ASV Scout, XUV 550
I was going to look at some Carraro's but I cannot really figure out what the real difference is between a TRG, TRH, TTR and TRX. I know "R" means reversible controls but I can't really see how they are functionally different (and why Carraro would want to make so many similar models). As far as I can tell, the TRG has larger rear tires but all the others have the same front and back, the TRH has a hyrostatic transmission, the TRX is narrower, and the TTR is wider.

From a functional perspective, is the TRG/TRH more of a hilly terrain AG tractor, the TTR a mowing machine and the TRX an orchard machine?

Just from a marketing perspective, it's a confusing message. I guess I need to demo the machines in person for it to become clear.

/ antonio carraro models #2  
Hi there. I purchased a TRX 8400 because of the horsepower and larger wheel option for more ground clearance and the fact it has 4 equal wheels.

The mountain version is as you think, just a little larger and wider to handle the harder terrain and the hydrostatic are for those that do a lot of slow driving or back and fourth driving...

The others are generally the same horsepower with just smaller wheels and lower clearance, but some open up the possibility of going from front steering wheels to articulating....

The other one with larger rear wheels is more of a regular compact farm tractor.... Hope that clears the fog.... It took me a few years of hemming and hawing to figure out what I wanted...

/ antonio carraro models
Thanks. I find their literature a bit confusing. Their brochures show a dozen Ergit models that seem to be almost the same with little variations on width and height. The dealer sort of said they were all much the same too.