Vermeer Trailed Mowers

/ Vermeer Trailed Mowers #1  

gman1772

Does anybody out there have any experience with Vermeer trailed mowers. My local dealer keeps steering me towards them, probably as he has a unit fitting my needs sitting on his lot. I know that Vermeer is in with Lely now and it uses segmented shaft drive technology similar the CCM mowers versus tried and true gear drives, is this good stuff or should I buy Kuhn? I like the trailed mower concept but am leery of new stuff like that. I especially do not like the quick clip blades. very gimmicky and looks to wear out after a season.

/ Vermeer Trailed Mowers #2  
I bought the Vermeer TM700 and I really like it. I looked at the Kuhn and the Vicon, but I went with the Vermeer. It does not have as many ( Gadgets ) I guess is the correct word ?? It is just simple !! You can just fly thru the field, I live in rough terrain in North AR, As far as the blades I have used my TM700 for one season already and havent broke or changed any of them. I did sharpen them one time.

/ Vermeer Trailed Mowers #3  
Shaft drive disc mowers are as old as the gear bed ones. I'm not even sure which exactly came first.

Vermeer is a good name in hay equipment, they seem to be well built.

The shaft drives use a bit less power, some Hesston and MF's are/were shaft drive.

I'd be more inclined to buy a used shaft unit than gear bed unit, but new I'm not sure.

Does anybody out there have any experience with Vermeer trailed mowers. My local dealer keeps steering me towards them, probably as he has a unit fitting my needs sitting on his lot. I know that Vermeer is in with Lely now and it uses segmented shaft drive technology similar the CCM mowers versus tried and true gear drives, is this good stuff or should I buy Kuhn? I like the trailed mower concept but am leery of new stuff like that. I especially do not like the quick clip blades. very gimmicky and looks to wear out after a season.

/ Vermeer Trailed Mowers
I appreciate your input gentlemen. After much consternation and figuring I decided on a new Kuhn GMD.

/ Vermeer Trailed Mowers #5  
You made the good choice.
After 15 years working in the UK for silage contract crews i really have seen the lot ...Claas/Taarup/Vicon/PZ/Kuhn/JD/Kidd/Krone/NH/Lely..Etc...Several spring to mind ..JD and kuhn for being good and vicon was Probably one of the fastest mowers but the most poorly built of the bunch,Good beds but the body's shook to peices before one season was over you really were left with nothing more than a frame.....I really can't describe how well and fast they cut though...Very annoying..?
As always ..Buy a kuhn...?