Long/Universal UTB350L

/ Long/Universal UTB350L #1  

guyren

Tractor
UTB 350L Long/Universal
Hello to all. I am new here, and new to tractors. I recently picked up a 84/85 UTB model 350L tractor with FEL and I am looking for a service manual to assist me in replacing the fluids and making adjustments. the tractor came with a service manual but it is basically an overhaul manual. It describes how to dismantle and reassemble the motor, transmission, etc., has fluid capacities and recommended types but does not indicate where fluid drains and fill holes are located or any other service procedures. The only adjustment procedure it contains is the brake adjustment. Would any one here be willing to trade or share this infomation?

Guy

/ Long/Universal UTB350L
The model is U350. Anyway, not a big deal, I will figure out the fluid change. Only so many drains and fill holes. Do the hydraulic cylinders have to be fully extended or contracted to get most of the fluid out.

I am not too familiar with diesel engines either. I found a bunch of motor oil in the breather today. I had a hard time starting the unit due to a weak battery, very slow cranking. could that cause oil to back up? Looks like I inherited someone else's problem.

/ Long/Universal UTB350L #3  
Are you calling the air cleaner the breather the air cleaner does have oil in it there is a fill line stamped into bowl.

/ Long/Universal UTB350L
Yes the air cleaner. There is a stamp on it. Must be in romanian. I take it this is an oil bath cleaner. What type of oil should I be using here, plain ole motor oil?

/ Long/Universal UTB350L #5  
I used ND 30 oil in all of my 445

/ Long/Universal UTB350L
Thanks for the info.

/ Long/Universal UTB350L #7  
The operators manual is available through jensales if you can't find one through a Canadian Universal dealer if there is still such a thing.

Import Tractor Parts can hook you up with parts and maybe manuals too.

Your Long 350 Parts Source!