Kioti vs Mahindra

/ Kioti vs Mahindra #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am interested in buying a new 35hp tractor. Considering the price and local dealerships I am trying to decide between a Mahindra and a Kioti. The tractors are priced about the same but the Mahindra has better financing (1%). What are the difference between the two that would make a better value than another? Also, I read on the message board that the Mahindra 3510 is made in Korea...is this correct? Is that good or bad? Does anyone know who builds the diesel for Mahindra?
Thanks;
David

/ Kioti vs Mahindra #2  
It is my understanding that International Harvester owned the Mahindra factory in India and sold all of the tooling. They are mostly International clones and if you look at a front 3/4 view, they look exactly like the older Internationals. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Eugene

/ Kioti vs Mahindra #3  
The larger Mahindras are built in India and are based on an old International Harvestor design. The Mahindra compact utility tractors are built in Korea and I think they have Mitsubishi engines in them. I maybe wrong on that. There are a lot of different tractors coming out of Korea these days. The Long compact utility tractors which I believe are called "Longtrac" are built in Korea as well. I have seen a number of Korean built tractors that are using Yanmar and Kubota engines, so the engines should be great.

/ Kioti vs Mahindra #4  
<font color=blue>The Long compact utility tractors which I believe are called "Longtrac" are built in Korea as well. </font color=blue>

The Longtracs are larger ag/utility tractors and are made in India. The Landtracs are the CUTs and are made in Korea. Very nicely made machines.

/ Kioti vs Mahindra #5  
David,
I have a kioti DK 35 with around 40 hours and it is great.
Kioti is mfg. by daedong in korea.With daedong engines.
Mahindra compact utilitys i believe are also made in korea and some models may use daedong engines.
Landtracs made in korea,the models i looked at used Mitsubishi engines.

/ Kioti vs Mahindra #6  
David,
I also compared the Kioti and Mahindra except I was looking at the 28 - 30 hp range. The Mahindra dealer did show me the 35 hp model which had a 4 cylinder Mitsubishi engine, but the tractor was just too big for my needs. These smaller Mahindras are made in Korea.

I believe the specifications on Kioti and Mahindra are very similar and I felt either tractor was a good value. My decision to go with Mahindra came down to four things, and the first two are subjective: 1) The gear shift lever on the 30 hp Kioti seemed tightly fit between the seat and the left fender (I actually scraped my knuckles the first time I used it). The Mahindra really appealed to me from the seat. All the controls and levers seemed easier to access with plenty of operating space. 2) I liked the over-all appearance of the Mahindra better. 3) Mahindra had electo-hydraulic independant PTO. 4) Mahindra offered 0% financing for 2 years.

Have fun shopping /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.....

/ Kioti vs Mahindra #7  
<font color=blue>What are the difference between the two that would make a better value than another?</font color=blue>

For info on the kioti's you can check here

For info on the longtrac, Landtrac & Farmtrac, go here <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.longagri.com/>here</A>

Happy hunting.... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Kioti vs Mahindra #8  
<font color=red>The Mahindra dealer did show me the 35 hp model which had a 4 cylinder Mitsubishi engine, but the tractor was just too big for my needs. </font color=red>

Let me retract that statement....I've looked at so many tractors lately they seemed to flow together./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif The 35 hp I looked at with a Mitsubishi engine was a Century, which is another brand you might consider. The Century is also very comprable to the Mahindra, with a very similar look.

/ Kioti vs Mahindra
I bought a Mahindra 35 HP (Model 3505) about 3 months ago. I have been please with it. Only one problem--a power steering leak; the dealership send a mechanic who did the repair on the spot. let me know if you have other questions.

/ Kioti vs Mahindra #10  
A while back i had (1999) been looking at a 20hp mahindar at a local case dealer. He indicated that they were made in india. Has this sale of tooling to Korea just recently happened?

Soundguy