Deutz 8006/10006 mufflers

/ Deutz 8006/10006 mufflers #1  

siloguy

Tractor
Deutz 06
Does anyone know of a source to get a decent muffler/manifold combination that fits the 8006 and 10006 Deutz tractors? We have 6 of them and some of them are getting pretty rusty and noisy. I found a source (Deutz factory in China) that gave me a quote on one that looked like it would work (woth a try anyway), but the shipping cost was exorbitant because I am not a licensed importer.

I built one muffler, using an old one for a core for its headpipes, but it is not real pretty and it is a bit louder than an original. There has got to be thousands of these tractors needing mufflers by now because the engines never (well almost) wear out.

/ Deutz 8006/10006 mufflers #2  
Does anyone know of a source to get a decent muffler/manifold combination that fits the 8006 and 10006 Deutz tractors? We have 6 of them and some of them are getting pretty rusty and noisy. I found a source (Deutz factory in China) that gave me a quote on one that looked like it would work (woth a try anyway), but the shipping cost was exorbitant because I am not a licensed importer.

I built one muffler, using an old one for a core for its headpipes, but it is not real pretty and it is a bit louder than an original. There has got to be thousands of these tractors needing mufflers by now because the engines never (well almost) wear out.

I don't know the model number of the tractor but my dealer ordered a muffler from Deutz Fahr for a guy that has a Deutz from the mid 70's. Cost was around $900. I aksed why so high and answer was they have ceramic in them and that's why they lasted so long. The guy didn't hesitate to buy the muffler. Said the tractor was still in good running order and a new muffler would make the tractor last as long as he was able to still farm.

/ Deutz 8006/10006 mufflers
I aksed why so high and answer was they have ceramic in them and that's why they lasted so long. The guy didn't hesitate to buy the muffler. Said the tractor was still in good running order and a new muffler would make the tractor last as long as he was able to still farm.[/QUOTE]

We had a DX 6.50 Deutz and it had the ceramic coated muffler, but the older 06 series are just steel of some type.

/ Deutz 8006/10006 mufflers #4  
Your best deal would be to check the slavage yards. I know of 3 that specialize in Deutz. I think one is in Michican the others in MO and NC. I have there numbers at work I will see if I can find them and post them for you.

/ Deutz 8006/10006 mufflers
I ordered two of them from Memo, who sells them now. They were less than $300 each and they look great. The only difference I can see is they come with a larger outlet which takes a 2.5" pipe.