Nortrac Tractors, Any info on them??

/ Nortrac Tractors, Any info on them?? #1  

cyberflyrg

Tractor
Kioti DK45 4x4, Ford 3000
I was looking at the Nortrac Tractors sold by Northern Tools. Like most imports, the price is good and the advertisements say they will do anything you want.:D, yeah, right.
Does anybody have any information on the quality of these tractors. Let me know if anybody has had any bad experiences or good ones also. thanks ron

/ Nortrac Tractors, Any info on them?? #2  
I was looking at the Nortrac Tractors sold by Northern Tools. Like most imports, the price is good and the advertisements say they will do anything you want.:D, yeah, right.
Does anybody have any information on the quality of these tractors. Let me know if anybody has had any bad experiences or good ones also. thanks ron
Of the million TBN members I can't think of one that owns one.

/ Nortrac Tractors, Any info on them?? #3  
I have no personal experience with them. There is a guy down the road that has one sitting in his driveway. It looks brand new, however it has been sitting there for at least two years and has not moved. It is parked awkwardly like it was incapacitated. It is a TLB I believe but something is odd about it like the bucket is missing from the FEL. Every time i drive by I think to myself that guy should have just bought a real tractor and then he could actually use it. Poor bastard probably was trying to save a buck and ended up with something that he couldnt fix after it broke with 10 hours on the clock. But hey, he saved $5000. :rolleyes: Maybe in a couple years the scrap market will come back and he can make his money back. :D

/ Nortrac Tractors, Any info on them?? #4  
Nortrac is a rebadged Jinma. I've had mine - Jinma, not a Nortrac (loader and backhoe), three years. I happen to like it and the thousands of dollars I saved.

It's not hydrostatic, no cupholders, nothing fancy. But it digs stumps like a son-of-a-gun. Anybody who'd let a tractor sit a couple years has something wrong with them.

/ Nortrac Tractors, Any info on them?? #5  
Anybody who'd let a tractor sit a couple years has something wrong with them.

I'd agree, probably not the tractors fault, poor owner.

I also have a jinma 254 great tractor without having to completely empty the wallet. I do own the nortrac dozer and have had great service from and for it. They{northern} have been very good on fixing any problems I've had. Also from what I've heard the new warranty is longer. From what I've noticed the guys that complain the most about the jinma tractors are the guys that don't own them. probably upset because the jinma works just as well{if not better} then their over priced name brand :D

/ Nortrac Tractors, Any info on them?? #6  
I havve a friend who has a 30hp Nortrack Dozer and he loves it.

/ Nortrac Tractors, Any info on them?? #7  
are the jinma tractors exactly the same as nortrac, same parts pieces ect?

/ Nortrac Tractors, Any info on them?? #8  
It's been reported elsewhere that one can buy the same tractor from Rural King and save a bundle. For some reason, Rural King seems to price them much lower?

If I were serious about a Chinese tractor, I might rather spend a few dollars more and avoid any Big Box type retailer like RK or NT and buy from a genuine dealer who carefully assembled, re-torqued everything, replaced all the fluids, and fully tested the machine. Might not save quite as much, but might be better for peace of mind.

/ Nortrac Tractors, Any info on them?? #9  

Go to the Chinese Tractor forum, right here on TBN. You'd be surprised how many of the "regulars" here have one of the Chinese tractors, which are marketed under something like 30 different names. Decals for private branding are cheap.

/ Nortrac Tractors, Any info on them?? #10  

DING DING DING........ you get a cookie, now you can think of one. Nortrac dozer, same difference.