Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,138
    Location
    East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar___
    Tractor
    Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB

    Default No AGCO forum?

    Kind of surprised there's no AGCO forums!

    They're one of the world's largest tractor brands.
    A goliath compared to some of the smallish brands featured here.

    They do have their own AGCO house branded lineup along with owning other lines like Massey Ferguson, Fendt, Challenger, Valtra, AGCO/Allis, Hesston and Gleaner.

    With a tractor/agricultural company that big, why are they not given a brand forum

    AGCO

    I just did a sampling of tractors for sale in the 40-95HP range on Tractor House (probably the biggest tractor sales website in the world).
    I found that AGCO had more units for sale compared to other brands that have their own featured brand forum on TBN:

    AGCO 47
    Mahindra 45
    Montana 45
    Kioti 25
    Bobcat 6
    Yanmar 6
    Zetor 25
    TYM 44
    Iseki 0

    So that puts AGCO ahead (in terms of available units for sale) of all those brands, yet AGCO gets no forum?

    WHY?
    Last edited by Builder; 07-25-2009 at 08:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Super Member RickB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    7,220
    Location
    Eastern NY
    Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

    Default Re: No AGCO forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Builder View Post
    Kind of surprised there's no AGCO forums!

    They're one of the world's largest tractor brands.
    A goliath compared to some of the smallish brands featured here.

    They do have their own AGCO house branded lineup along with owning other lines like Massey Ferguson, Fendt, Challenger, Valtra, AGCO/Allis, Hesston and Gleaner.

    With a tractor/agricultural company that big, why are they not given a brand forum

    AGCO

    I just did a sampling of tractors for sale in the 40-95HP range on Tractor House (probably the biggest tractor sales website in the world).
    I found that AGCO had more units for sale compared to other brands that have their own featured brand forum on TBN:

    AGCO 47
    Mahindra 45
    Montana 45
    Kioti 25
    Bobcat 6
    Yanmar 6
    Zetor 25
    TYM 44
    Iseki 0

    So that puts AGCO ahead (in terms of available units for sale) of all those brands, yet AGCO gets no forum?

    WHY?
    Probably because in all the time I have spent on this site, I don't recall anyone asking for an AGCO forum.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member irwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,279
    Location
    SE Conn
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota L35TLB, '89' Cub Cadet 1541

    Default Re: No AGCO forum?

    Here's the list of AGCO's sub-brands. Too many I think. In a marketing world of brand recognition "I just bought a AGCO" will get a few, huh?'s" While "I just bought a John Deere" (or kubota, etc) no question from anyone (well, practically anyone) You have a good question Builder, I'm just adding an observation.


    Challenger
    Fendt
    Massey Ferguson
    Valtra
    AGCO Allis
    AGCO SISU POWER
    AGCO Tractors
    Gleaner
    Hesston
    RoGator
    Spra-Coupe
    Sunflower
    TerraGator
    White Planters
    Willmar
    .....Tim

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,138
    Location
    East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar___
    Tractor
    Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB

    Default Re: No AGCO forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    Probably because in all the time I have spent on this site, I don't recall anyone asking for an AGCO forum.
    Well, I am. Why skip over a huge company like AGCO and make forums for lesser known brands like Iseki, TYM and Zetor?

    It has to start somewhere. AGCO is a huge tractor company. Like I posted above, just the "AGCO" house brand probably outsells some of the itty bitty brands here that already have their own forum.

    Maybe more people would join TBN (AGCO owners/operators) if there was a forum they could ask questions in.

    What's the big deal about adding a forum? I have a website and it's not like is costs anything to do except maybe 10 minutes of time.

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,138
    Location
    East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar___
    Tractor
    Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB

    Default Re: No AGCO forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by irwin View Post
    Here's the list of AGCO's sub-brands. Too many I think. In a marketing world of brand recognition "I just bought a AGCO" will get a few, huh?'s" While "I just bought a John Deere" (or kubota, etc) no question from anyone (well, practically anyone) You have a good question Builder, I'm just adding an observation.


    Challenger
    Fendt
    Massey Ferguson
    Valtra
    AGCO Allis
    AGCO SISU POWER
    AGCO Tractors
    Gleaner
    Hesston
    RoGator
    Spra-Coupe
    Sunflower
    TerraGator
    White Planters
    Willmar
    We'll never know until an AGCO forum is started. Where does an AGCO owner ask an AGCO question if there's no forum for them?

    For all we know there might be 20, 30 AGCO owners that are just lurkers and never ask anything because there's no AGCO forum.

  6. #6
    Super Member RickB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    7,220
    Location
    Eastern NY
    Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

    Default Re: No AGCO forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Builder View Post
    Well, I am. Why skip over a huge company like AGCO and make forums for lesser known brands like Iseki, TYM and Zetor?

    It has to start somewhere. AGCO is a huge tractor company. Like I posted above, just the "AGCO" house brand probably outsells some of the itty bitty brands here that already have their own forum.

    Maybe more people would join TBN (AGCO owners/operators) if there was a forum they could ask questions in.

    What's the big deal about adding a forum? I have a website and it's not like is costs anything to do except maybe 10 minutes of time.
    I didn't say it was a big deal, or that it shouldn't happen. I said I didn't recall anyone asking for an AGCO forum before now. There have been several forums added to this site in the time I have been a member. Presumably the webmasters reacted to a percieved need in those cases. Jumping down my throat won't make it happen any quicker because I'm not involved.

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,138
    Location
    East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar___
    Tractor
    Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB

    Default Re: No AGCO forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    I didn't say it was a big deal, or that it shouldn't happen. I said I didn't recall anyone asking for an AGCO forum before now. There have been several forums added to this site in the time I have been a member. Presumably the webmasters reacted to a percieved need in those cases. Jumping down my throat won't make it happen any quicker because I'm not involved.
    Sorry you took it that way. No throat jumping was intended on my end.

    I saw several new forums added over the years, too and wondered why no AGCO. Now that I own an AGCO product, it means a little more.

  8. #8
    Platinum Member Paystar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    510
    Location
    Ontario, Canada

    Default Re: No AGCO forum?

    There are a few brand new Agco/Allis tractors operating around here, but the problem is when someone goes to the Agco dealer to purchase they end up with a Massey Ferguson (I guess because they are a little more main stream these days?)
    How would you do the Agco forum here? Should it include all the brands other than Massey, including all the implement manufacturing brands?
    I just hope it will not be as dead as the NH/IH forums. I see lots of New Hollands around here too, but none of them must bother with web forums.

    I'd like to have an Agco forum, just hope we can get some owners to the site.
    You better start taking lots of pics Builder

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,138
    Location
    East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar___
    Tractor
    Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB

    Default Re: No AGCO forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paystar View Post
    There are a few brand new Agco/Allis tractors operating around here, but the problem is when someone goes to the Agco dealer to purchase they end up with a Massey Ferguson (I guess because they are a little more main stream these days?)
    How would you do the Agco forum here? Should it include all the brands other than Massey, including all the implement manufacturing brands?
    You would just do an "AGCO" forum. There's already a M/F forum. You have to remember there IS a brand of tractor called AGCO. It's what's left over from the AGCO/Allis (Allis Chalmers) days.

    I would just post under the AGCO forum since there's no Challenger forums, either.

    I see no reason to make forums for their implement lines since they don't do it for others.

    I just hope it will not be as dead as the NH/IH forums. I see lots of New Hollands around here too, but none of them must bother with web forums.

    I'd like to have an Agco forum, just hope we can get some owners to the site.
    You better start taking lots of pics Builder
    I don't think it'll be a huge draw, either, but we won't know until we try.

  10. #10
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    360
    Location
    Boiling Springs, SC
    Tractor
    MF 2823

    Default Re: No AGCO forum?

    Personally, I don't think there really needs to be an additional AGCO forum. There's already a MF forum; it would make more sense to rename it the AGCO forum and let it cover all of the AGCO brands. Same thing with Case IH and NH--why not a combined CNH forum. For the most part, AGCO questions or observations already apply in the MF forum since most machines are shared between their 3 main U.S. tractor brands.
    Simplicity ZT4000
    Shindaiwa T195s, Redmax HB250
    Northern 48" core aerator, Rug'id 250# spreader

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.