long 680 help

/ long 680 help #1  

Rmart30

Platinum Member
Tractor
Currently Kubota L4600HST, two Massey 265's, Massey 230, Kubota M8540...... Had Long 510, Mahindra 3510.Ford 4000, Deere 4230.
My hunting club just bought a long 680 with FEL. Overall it appears to be in good shape.
I did a google search but came back with nothing when looking for a operators manual or parts manual.
We need to know how to adjust the brakes and also we think there is a piece missing where the top 3 point adjuster bar mounts to tractor.

If anyone has a good picture of the rear 3 point mounting or have or know of where to get some manuals for it Id appreciate the help.

/ long 680 help #2  
680 and 2610 are the same tractor. The 680 number was used when the first emission standards were set so there may be a little difference with something on the engine.

Brakes are bands. You can shorten the linkage rods to get more brake. If that doesn't do it then you'll have to change the bands. If it's the hand/park brake it ain't worth fixing. Have to pull the tractor apart and remove a lot of the transmission to get to that.

I traded a 2610 in last year on a Deutz Fahr. I'll check as soon as I have time and may have the manual that came with the tractor. If I do I can mail it to you. I also have a Jensales manual for the 2610.

/ long 680 help
thank you Charolais. Id be more than glad to pay for the manual and shipping.

/ long 680 help #4  
The brakes are tightened by making the linkage longer. The park brake adjustment is accessed by removing the PTO shifter cover.