nibbi tractors info

/ nibbi tractors info #1  

Steveng

Tractor
Nibbi RM4
Can anyone help me with info about nibbi tractors?
I own a 1950's nibbi compact tractor (type: RM4, 20HP slanzi engine) but can not find any information about it on the net (manufacturing year, original colors, workshop manuals,...) It is a great tractor (for it's age and my purposes) and I'd like to bring and keep it in optimal shape.
Nibbi Italy sends me to the Belgian importer but they can't (won't?) help me either. I guess they don't have time for an amateur would-be farmer who probably won't ever buy a new tractor...

/ nibbi tractors info #2  
I dont know if this helps but here are some #'s from a Nibbi dealer in Italy, Tel 0522 - 930135 Fax 0522 930140. Where did you get your tractor and do you like it?

Buck

/ nibbi tractors info
Buck,
Thanks for the reply! I'll try the number if anything else fails (Italy is about 1500km from Belgium and Italians are known to speak only Italian, which I do not...) I bought the tractor about 5 years ago from a local 2nd hand agri-stuff dealer. It's a model with 4 wheel drive (wheels equal in size), but without 1-lever transmission (4 levers for speed selection), I use it for mowing, pulling trailers and water tanks, furtulizing (is this the right word?), etc. It's very handy but sometimes lacks power, I guess some of the horses have lost their power or escaped trough the exhaust. It's Italian and old so by default it leaks oil but nothing to worry (too much) about. If you like I'll post a picture but don't expect anything fancy...

/ nibbi tractors info #4  
Hey, we always like pictures! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue>"...furtulizing (is this the right word?)"</font color=blue>

I'm guessing you meant fertilizing, right? Doesn't matter if it's the right word or not, you got your meaning across, right? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Are you overseas? Your profile isn't filled out, so can't tell. But it sounds from your reply that you're in Belgium?

/ nibbi tractors info
I'm sorry, I did'nt even know I had a profile! It's a little more complete now. I'm overseas indeed (Belgium) altough this depends on what side of the sea you're on.
Anyway, the picture of my good (!) old (!!) nibbi is included!

Attachments

• 19-176587-IMG_0118(2).jpg
    19-176587-IMG_0118(2).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,505
   / nibbi tractors info #6  
Steven,

That's a pretty hefty looking machine you've got there! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Good luck on getting information on it. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if someone on TBN has some useful info. for you. Unfortunately, it is not me. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

Keep us informed about the tractor world in Europe./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ nibbi tractors info #7  
That is a very cool machine. I have seen similar units and I know a guy that owns a little newer model. I didn’t know that Italians weren’t bilingual. Learn something new everyday. For a long time I didn’t even know they built tractors, I thought they all just rode around on little scooters waving to everybody and saying "chow". /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif I am going to do some more research on these tractors. Their new units have a nice appearance and might be a good import machine. Have fun with your toy/tractor and hope you can find your info.

/ nibbi tractors info
I would like to thank everybody for their help regarding info about my tractor. remember I wrote that the Belgian importer was unable to help me? Guess what, I've posted my message through e-mail to them (did it face 2 face the last time) and a very friendly lady wrote back she'd see what she could do. And what did I find in my mailbox? A copy from the original manual with color photo, part numbers and drawings for the tractor's mechanics, and a parts listing with drawings for the engine coming later this week! Who said importers weren't interested to help you if you're not a potentional new-buyer?(It was me, I'm sorry) And who said that women and tractors did'nt fit together? (Was'nt me and will never be!)

Greetings from (for once) very hot and sunny Belgium!

/ nibbi tractors info #9  
GREAT! glad you got your info. It is much cooler here today only 104 down from 115. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ nibbi tractors info #10  
It is old discuse but it doesnt matter. I have nibbi tractor too, little newer and will put picture on soon. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif