Buying Advice Hinomoto C172

/ Hinomoto C172 #1  

likumyanmar

Tractor
Yanmar 2020D
I have been looking at a Hinomoto C172 tractor. The person selling it claims it needs new glow plugs. It runs good but has to have starting fluid to get it started. Question 1. are glow plugs available for this tractor. 2. Could the starting problem just be symptoms of some other major issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

/ Hinomoto C172 #2  
I have been looking at a Hinomoto C172 tractor. The person selling it claims it needs new glow plugs. It runs good but has to have starting fluid to get it started. Question 1. are glow plugs available for this tractor. 2. Could the starting problem just be symptoms of some other major issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

Well it might have been glow plugs which are available but now after using starting fluid I wouldnt touch it. The Toyosha diesel cannot handle starting fluid, not even once. It will run but it will die soon.

Buck

/ Hinomoto C172
Thanks for the advice. It confirms my decision to pass it by. Also found the glow plugs run about $45.00 each. Believe I will keep on looking and try to stick to the yanmars, had really good luck with them.

/ Hinomoto C172 #5  
I'm going to go look at a hinimoto tomorrow. Any advice. It is advertised within my budget. It does have a loader so it would be a helpful little yard tractor. Are parts available for these? thanks. Sorry the add did not have the model number in it. I'm guessing it looks to be in between 20 to 30 hp