Nellie-belle tractors

/ Nellie-belle tractors #1  

cookecity

Anyone ever heard of this tractor? I guess its a new company out of Oregon. Just looking for some info on them

/ Nellie-belle tractors #2  
That's one I never heard of except as a "pet name" for other brands./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Nellie-belle tractors #3  
I would be most interest in seeing one of this trators. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

The last time I heard Nellie-Belle was years ago on the tv Gunsmoke show,and I believe Festus was riding a mule call Nellie-Belle. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
I also heard tractor puller with there 8n&9n calling them Nellie-Belle. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Nellie-belle tractors #4  
Thomas,
Nellie Belle was the name of Pat Brady's jeep {WWII Ford I think} on the Roy Rogers TV show. If you find yourself in a game of trivial pursuit don't bet on this, but I think Festus's mule was named Ruth. I'd like to see one of these tractors myself.
Ernie

/ Nellie-belle tractors #5  
Right on both names, I think, ErnieB. At least I know my hero, Festus, was riding Ruth./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Nellie-belle tractors #6  
I remember the name Pat Buttram on the Roy Rogers show. Was one name the actor's real name and the other the character's name. Also, was it Pat's jeep or Roy's jeep. I thought Pat had a horse and borrowed Roy's Nellie (Nelly?)-Belle.

/ Nellie-belle tractors #7  
Glenn, weren't Pat Buttram (actor's name) and George "Gabby" Hayes both Gene Autry sidekicks? I thought Smiley Burnett was Roy Roger's sidekick. And of course I guess you know that Festus (Ken Curtis) used to be one of the Sons of the Pioneers (one of my favorite singing groups). And I believe a fellow named Lester Sly was one of the original Sons of the Pioneers before he changed his name to Roy Rogers.

Oops, that was Leonard Slye instead of Lester Sly.

Bird<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Bird on 10/1/00 08:39 PM.</FONT></P>

/ Nellie-belle tractors #9  
Buttermilk was Dale's horse. I still think Pat Buttram was with Roy. I dont know who Smiley Burnett is. I think Gabby was on Gene's show, but I remember him best for being on that cereal box--the cereal that was shot from a cannon. Wheat Puffs?

/ Nellie-belle tractors #10  
Bird I think your right. Here's the way I recall them.
Roy Rogers (TV) Pat Brady BTW is actual name.
Roy Rogers (movies) Smiley Burdette , usually went by Frog
Gene Autry (TV) Pat Buttram
Hopalong Cassidy (movies) Gaby Hayes
I'm also pretty sure Gaby Hayes sidekicked for other matinee cowboys at one time or the other, so you may indeed have seen him with Gene Autry. Since you mentioned Ken Curtis, I saw him perform in the late 70's, and was amazed at how talented he was.
Ernie

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ERNIEB on 10/1/00 11:35 PM.</FONT></P>