Comparison AGCO GT Series (55,65,75)Tractors

/ AGCO GT Series (55,65,75)Tractors #1  

ah64_ip29

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HSTC
Hey all,
I've been browsing tractors for the last several months, learning a ton right here, now very intimate with tractordata.com and had my eyes spinning on tractorhouse.com and machinefinder.

Didn't know whether to post this in the "MF" section but I just chose to put it out in the "All Other Brands" area.

I like what I've seen and read about the AGCO 50-90 HP range of tractors, but haven't driven one yet. They are definitely not very popular in my area, mostly green tractors nearby, some kubotas, Case/IH/NH and MF (I know MF is part of AGCO) mixed in. I've become interested in the AGCO GT series.

I'm pricing a GT55 and a GT75, and trying to understand if they are built on the same frame, or if they are really significantly different tractors. There's not that much info on Tractordata.com on these.

Where are they built? Who actually makes the motor, trannies, etc.

I'm also interested in any particular experience with repairs, or tendencies in these tractors that I need to be aware of.

Is there anyone out there that owns one of these tractors that can talk about what they like or don't like.

Here's the two I'm currently looking at. Are these reasonable prices? They both have low hours. If they price about the same should I just get the bigger HP?

GT75 4WD CAB Loader, 500 hrs asking $25K
2005 AGCO GT75A 40 HP to 99 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com

GT55 4WD CAB Loader, 250 hrs asking $29K
AGCO GT55 40 HP to 99 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com

There is an AGCO dealer about an hour away, but don't think he has any orange on his lot, only red.

Intended use: 17 acre horse farm. Moving round hay bales, mowing, bucket (dirt moving), will have 5 acres for baling, and may end up baling neighbors plot of 15 acres.
Thanks for the help. Adrian

/ AGCO GT Series (55,65,75)Tractors #2  
They are Same tractors and they were built in Italy. Same Deutz Fahr's have a very similar tractor still being sold in the States. "Same" is pronounced "Saw-me" without the whole "w" sound.

I think they mostly had mechanical synchro shuttle shift transmissions. They were available in cab and ROPS models. They were fairly reliable, but for some reason a lot of them smoked, but they didn't really blow up the engines.

/ AGCO GT Series (55,65,75)Tractors #3  
I owned 2 SAME tractors they were air cooled ,you have to run them hard or they won't heat up enough to get to operating temp.thus the smoking.
The only drawback to air cooled is you must keep an eye so that critters do not build a nest in the in the jug area or in the airflow that will cause overheating.
Overall they were both excellent tractors with VG fuel economy.