Oliver 77 Row Crop Value?

/ Oliver 77 Row Crop Value? #1  

MBDiagMan

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 5045D, Grasshopper 61" with PowerVac,Gator 825i, Cub Cadet 2145
I came across the above tractor for sale, not sure of year. It is one with the streamlined full side panels. It has reasonably new paint, but some of the sheet metal is not real straight. If I could get it reasonable I wouldn't mind straigtening the sheet metal and repainting those panels. I would only use it for parades and such.

What is the price range for these old tractors?

Thanks in advance for your help.

/ Oliver 77 Row Crop Value? #2  
They are a good looking tractor and very smooth running. There are things that change the values of these tractors such as the hitch narrow or wide front ends and the PTO style that is used. Anything under 1,000 that is running is normally a good buy depending on the condition.

/ Oliver 77 Row Crop Value?
Thanks for the info. I am familiar with these tractors as my Uncle had one while I was growing up.

The one I saw for sale is, unfortunately, at a tractor dealer. I haven't asked them what they are asking for it. If I could get it for about $3,000 and it runs well I would be interested.

I always thought Olivers were real neat looking because of the side panels. My Grand Dad had poppin' Johnnies and I was around them alot growing up. My uncle's Oliver was really different to me as a child mainly because of the fact that it went "vroom" instead of "pop, pop, pop."

/ Oliver 77 Row Crop Value? #5  
I paid around $1800 with side panels about 8 years ago. It runs good but could use a new paint job and somenew rear tires. I did use it to bale hay until a couple of years ago.
I do believe they were one of the nicest driving tractor of their time. Easy to get on and off with a flat open platform. The shifter was located up toward the dash and shifts easly. Ergonomicaly ahead of IH and Deere in the day. Full rubberized stearing wheel, independent PTO, live haydraulics and large headlights and they came standard with rear fenders. They also had a rubber shock type seat. They were definitly top of the line in their day. It made them a little pricy compared to IH and Deere. The 6 cylinder is as smooth as you can get. :D