Hinomoto E324 Information

/ Hinomoto E324 Information #1  

iloveketchup

Tractor
Hinomoto E324
Hello,

I sold a Kubota which was way too big for my yard then "downgraded" to about the same size tractor; a good deal is a good deal. I got the Hinomoto for $4900 with a dual axle trailer capable of hauling it in good shape, and a scraper blade that is practically new.

Tractor Data:

TractorData.com Hinomoto E324 tractor information

The owner claimed it was a '91 but i don't think they made these in 1991?

Runs great, everything works, small hydraulic cylinder weep but since the cylinders were made by Chief, doesn't seem an issue to fix (seal kits).

I ran it around in the woods for a while, parked it, then the thing would start back up. I think the ignition switch is bad as the IP panel doesn't illuminate anymore when turned; probably nothing serious.

I heard it was the same drivetrain parts as a Massey Ferguson 1040 but a reputable site that offers some Hinomoto parts claims it isn't.

Does anyone have info on this tractor? Or better yet, any technical documents such as a wiring or service manual? I can do a lot of common sense checks but nice to confirm nothing strange is going on.

Additionally does anyone know the HP rating of the Toyosha 3S150 motor? A simple search on google doesn't bring it up. That or where one can get parts for this motor? Sites just claim the PTO rating is 32HP but no tractor data. I'm assuming it's around 40HP at the crank.

p50600889884006.jpg

/ Hinomoto E324 Information #2  
I would guess it's an early '80's model and the grey market tractors are rated by PTO HP so the 324 should be 32 PTO HP....probably 38/40 at the crank. $4900 is a great deal for any 4WD tractor that size with FEL and trailer. I would suspect that Len scheaffer at Japanese Tractor Repair Dixon, IL could supply manuals and info. Hinomotos are generally regarded as stout, durable tractors but with limited parts support. There are a lot of online parts suppliers and some like Len can order the harder to get parts from Japan but that still doesn't mean that all parts are available. As far as the starting issue, it might just be a loose battery cable or ground wire. Start with the easy stuff, chances are that it is something pretty minor....I suspect you've already got it figured out by the time I post this.

/ Hinomoto E324 Information
I would guess it's an early '80's model and the grey market tractors are rated by PTO HP so the 324 should be 32 PTO HP....probably 38/40 at the crank. $4900 is a great deal for any 4WD tractor that size with FEL and trailer. I would suspect that Len scheaffer at Japanese Tractor Repair Dixon, IL could supply manuals and info. Hinomotos are generally regarded as stout, durable tractors but with limited parts support. There are a lot of online parts suppliers and some like Len can order the harder to get parts from Japan but that still doesn't mean that all parts are available. As far as the starting issue, it might just be a loose battery cable or ground wire. Start with the easy stuff, chances are that it is something pretty minor....I suspect you've already got it figured out by the time I post this.

Thanks for the reply and info. I'll keep your recommendations for parts in mind.

Per the starting issue, it was something really stupid. The negative battery post was loose. Fired right up when tightened even by hand.

Manuals/Parts

A manual would be nice however i have issues against paying much for one. I've found a few sites or forum's claiming to have the manual however only being in japanese.

I think the tractor is actually the same drivetrain as the MF1035 (92CI motor). I seriously think parts for this tractor wouldn't be hard to locate. Most things can be rebuilt. The only one i'm a little weary about is the front axle, but that too is probably MF/Hitachi.

Even though this tractor has a higher HP rating, it doesn't feel anywhere as powerful as the Kubota it replaced (L2850D, 34HP). The kubota when in 4WD didn't really feel any different. This tractor slows down. Meaning higher gear in 2WD would make the tractor fly, and in 4WD it's significantly slower even hammering on it. I find that strange.

Oh well.... For the price this tractor is a steal.

In the photo, someone repainted it. I can tell it was originally orange.

/ Hinomoto E324 Information #4  
The engines sound like they should be close. I'm pretty sure the 1035 has an MS150 engine and you said something about having the 3S150. I don't know what the actual difference between the two is...may be something almost insignificant or may be something major? In the event of catastrophic engine failure, if parts are not available or simply outrageous $$$, I would probably look for something MF branded ( Toyosha or maybe even Iseki) that could be purchased as a unit and could bolt in...first choice might be a used MS150 but in any case I'd be calling bruce Laten 931-492-0316 (TBN member Bruce 1966us) for help on that. Yeah, I'm not surprised the manuals were in Japanese, not an uncommon event for some of the grey market models. With many of these tractors you can get by with a manual for a similar model and that's what some of the dealers may be able to offer ( cheaper? and in English). I'd still recommend talking to L. Sceaffer or maybe Buck at EFC HOME and see what might be the closest U.S. model, engine, etc and what to expect when parts are needed. Why speculate...talk to one of the guys that's been messing with these tractors for years and get their insight. If it has a close MF cousin, you might want to check out AGCO's parts website (AGCO Parts Books enter as guest) and look at that MF model....lot's of potentially helpful info there in times of mechanical breakdown. As far as the parts rebuilding, etc...yes, this is true in a lot of cases....some not and some are just not cost effective. Believe me, if finding all Hinomoto parts...especially drive train "hard parts", were as easy as "thinking" it should be the guys that have made their life and business supporting these machines would be able to sell a lot more parts.

Clutch is toast or needs adjustment... probably toast. dumb worker friend took it out somewhere i told him not to and got it stuck on top of that.

(photos)

https://picasaweb.google.com/ken.mayle/HinomotoE324#

Ironically i came across the site you suggested above on my search last night independently. I do not know tractors. However If i knew the clutch was interchangable with what massey tractors, i've seen a clutch, pressure plate, and bearing for $200. My local Massey Dealer wanted $321 for the disc and $1824 for an entire assembly (whatever that includes). I sure would like to know if the drivetrain was a MF10XX.

The engines sound like they should be close. I'm pretty sure the 1035 has an MS150 engine and you said something about having the 3S150. I don't know what the actual difference between the two is...may be something almost insignificant or may be something major? In the event of catastrophic engine failure, if parts are not available or simply outrageous $$$, I would probably look for something MF branded ( Toyosha or maybe even Iseki) that could be purchased as a unit and could bolt in...first choice might be a used MS150 but in any case I'd be calling bruce Laten 931-492-0316 (TBN member Bruce 1966us) for help on that. Yeah, I'm not surprised the manuals were in Japanese, not an uncommon event for some of the grey market models. With many of these tractors you can get by with a manual for a similar model and that's what some of the dealers may be able to offer ( cheaper? and in English). I'd still recommend talking to L. Sceaffer or maybe Buck at EFC HOME and see what might be the closest U.S. model, engine, etc and what to expect when parts are needed. Why speculate...talk to one of the guys that's been messing with these tractors for years and get their insight. If it has a close MF cousin, you might want to check out AGCO's parts website (AGCO Parts Books enter as guest) and look at that MF model....lot's of potentially helpful info there in times of mechanical breakdown. As far as the parts rebuilding, etc...yes, this is true in a lot of cases....some not and some are just not cost effective. Believe me, if finding all Hinomoto parts...especially drive train "hard parts", were as easy as "thinking" it should be the guys that have made their life and business supporting these machines would be able to sell a lot more parts.

Thanks man, i contacted Bruce and he knows his ****. He claims the clutch disc for this setup is the same as a Massey 1030. I may need that part shortly. I'm posting this for anyone else searching on google that may have the same issue as mine just went out:

YouTube - Hinimoto E324 Clutch Diagnosis

/ Hinomoto E324 Information #7  
I'm in the same boat as you about the clutch except mine will push like a bull dozer,..it wont disengage when I push the clutch pedal down,...I have to start it in gear to move it ( S position bypassed) so did the MF 1030 clutch fit your tractor? was it a single stage or a 2 stage clutch? where did you get it and how much was it? thanks in advance :)

/ Hinomoto E324 Information #8  
here is a photo of my Massey Ferguson 1042
massey 30 hp 2.jpg

I'm in the same boat as you about the clutch except mine will push like a bull dozer,..it wont disengage when I push the clutch pedal down,...I have to start it in gear to move it ( S position bypassed) so did the MF 1030 clutch fit your tractor? was it a single stage or a 2 stage clutch? where did you get it and how much was it? thanks in advance :)

to be honest it's been so long i forgot.

if you call up the guy above he should be able to tell you what it was. There's a guy on ebay i bought one off of that matched but i had to send one back. I thinkkkkkkk if you look through my posts i mentioned what fit (clutch, bearings, etc...)

there is a different throw out bearing than the stock that works fine.

/ Hinomoto E324 Information #10  
yes your posts mentioned a 1233 MF,..I did call Bruce Laten ,..but we got disconnected,..? what I have heard is depending on the year of the tractor it might be a 2 stage clutch,..the only way for me to find out is to take it apart,..I hate taking things apart without having replacement parts in hand,..but I might not have a choice with this repair,..today I am making a "Clutch Disengage" bracket so when I park the tractor the clutch pedal stays in the depressed position,..this I'm told will keep the clutch from rusting to the pressure plate or fly wheel when not used for long periods of time.