Versatile 150 series2 tractors

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #11  
Have you seen these before , Similar a bi-di but based on a Ford 7840 or what i believe was a MF 390T .

Google Images

Google Images

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #12  
First of all I'd like to say welcome to the site. I've been on here for awhile and the one thing everyone enjoys is photo's so lets see a few of this very interesting tractor. I haven't see one here in Newfoundland but do work for a large farm and will ask the guys if they know of one and will post my findings. Having a Perkin's engine is a big plus in any machine. I had one in an industrial tractor many years ago and it was a fantastic motor. Welcome to the site. Paul in Newfoundland

My late Dad would say "If you don't have anything good to say, you should say nothing at all". In this case it should apply.

Since I've been on this site and a few others I've adapted my own saying "Never put down another mans machine".

If i would say any good about it,i would be lying ;)

Now I have to break both my own rules and say this. I'm in the repair business and IF I had to rebuild someones engine TWICE and the cause of the second time wasn't because of the hours on it I would consider myself a failure.

Now that I'm in my own repair business I get the chance to work on many different types of equipment including everything in automotive. One of our largest customers is a government department on the federal side. In the last few years they've updated there fleet and purchased new GM trucks. Now that the warranty is off of them I'm loving it. You would be hard pressed to go by my shop and not see a GM truck out by my door waiting to be repaired. Now don't think I'm new to this type of work. I was a technician for 15 years at a GM dealership and later on a service manager and still own a GMC truck but not a new one. When I decided to retire my truck from snow clearing after 13 years of trouble free service I bought a tractor and only use my truck to pull my welding machine around now.

I noticed in your signature you own not one, not two but three of these trucks:( oh man if they are the later type trucks your could to be really busy working on them. You might not but COULD BE.

These 3 GM trucks are the dreaded 6.5 diesels,i love them cause unlike the dealers i know how to fix them,now i couldn't care less if you called them POS,i aint asking for advice.
Most people call them POS,which is fine by me cause then i can pick them up for next to nothing:thumbsup:

I'm not going to call your trucks a POS like you did about this mans tractor which was very wrong in my honest opinion but I'm sure everything is not created equal and I'm sure all these types of tractors as with the GMC trucks aren't the same with the same issues. Your response to this mans post was just wrong :mad:

He asked for input,..he got it.
To bad if you don't like it,cant please them all.

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors
No I have not seen that tractor before, I will look it up for more detail. I do like the articulation of the Versatile 150, the feature is very handy for positioning the bucket or pallet forks etc. side to side, no need to back up, a bit of turning the front while staying stationary and I'm where I want to be.

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #14  

Calling another persons machine a POS was totally uncalled for. You came to that conclusion based on one machine that YOU worked on! I guess your not one to jump to conclusions. No you can't please them all.

Greetings Bison, you've worked on the V150, do you have any constructive suggestions for Spidermonkey? (other than to use asswipe to fix it?:laughing:)
Really, the fellow is seeking encouragement as are we all , I'm sure you can tell him at least what isn't likely to be wrong. I hope you have dry weather up in the Peace, Regards

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #16  
Greetings Bison, you've worked on the V150, do you have any constructive suggestions for Spidermonkey? (other than to use asswipe to fix it?:laughing:)
Really, the fellow is seeking encouragement as are we all , I'm sure you can tell him at least what isn't likely to be wrong. I hope you have dry weather up in the Peace, Regards
For encouragement i say,don't worry to much,1/2 the time they'll rattle along;)
The hydr drive is pretty good if you can keep the U joints in the driveshaft,other than that the hood is trouble free;)

Everything else is subject to failure,some frequent,others not.

The engine is OK if people check the oil level daily.

BTW,the weather up here is lousy,can't seem to get hay in the bale without frequent washing cycles.
Cows wil have to use mayo or ketchup on it this winter to make it palatable :licking:

We've had four days with only a sprinkle of rain at Pierceland,Sask., near Cold Lake, Alta. Haying is going on full tilt with decent volume and quality. The next thing will be an early? frost. Here's hoping you get a window of opportunity. Regards

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #18  
ok..got the starter rebuilt..again. still cranks slow..if at all.
I am going to try looking in the cylinders using a boroscope to see if I can see anything obvious (scored walls, signs of exsesive heat, etc).
Can teh engine still be hydrolocked even if the injector is pulled out? I am not sure if the injector is behind the valve, or actually injects into the cylinder directly. I am trying to figure out if I try and turn it over with injectors out will rule out if its hydrolocked or not. If the injectors are on the "atmosphere" side of the valves then is there a chance that the diesel under pressure would hold the valve closed?

I really don't know what to suggest to help you. Do you have a PTO? Is the clutch disengaged? There are several very knowledgeable members who may help if you contact them, try Sound Guy or Rick B, both are practical and very experienced, they are likely not aware of your post. Try asking for assistance on Today's Posts or the Parts/Repairs forum, many members can be very helpful. Good luck, I'll be watching

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #20  
Hi Verstor
We have a versatile 150. Its in pieces at the moment having hoses replaced but we have had this tractor for over ten years and it has been a great little work horse. We bought it orginally for $6000, and we havent put that much back into it. We get parts from our local new holland dealerships and if they cant source them we got to breakers, two near Winniepeg quite often have them. But we have found that some parts have to be shipped from the us and they are pricey. We to have a perkins engine on ours and you will find that some of the parts are interchangeable with the versatile 400 swathers engines.
Living where we do we have had to get used to searching for parts! We live in Manitoba and it can be very frustrating sometimes!`
Good luck with your tractor they may be fiddly to work on at times but they are worth the effort.:)