Versatile 150 series2 tractors

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #31  
well, I'm back again :)
Anyone have a problem with the drop gear boxes on the end of the axles on these 150's? I was digging a hole/ ramp with mine and at a point I heard a slight clunk. Shortly after I noticed that I had traction trouble and the front wheels (opposite the loader end) would spin and I had trouble going up hills etc. I quickly realized I have somehow lost power to the axle under the loader. It turns out after closer inspection, the bolts that hold he flange on the end of he axle to the gear drop box were loose and I could see a space of about 1/8 at the bottom of the flange. I tightened it up but still small gap. Is it possible that something could have broke inside and that axle is freewheeling in there? I guess ill find out this weekend when I remove the top off the drop box cover....

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #32  
I guess by now you have solved this problem; which is most likely a sheared half shaft on the cab end axle. Over the last 25 years my 150 has gone thru a dozen half shafts! I have used it clearing land with a Knevernland rake on the loader end. Rough on the machine but it does a lovely job!

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #33  
Hello Everyone! Except Bison.
I just bought a 81' Versatile 150 and would like to know how to take the loader off without killing myself!
Neither the operators manual nor the service manual even talk about it?
Plus, if anyone has ever used one to plow and disc with one I would like to know how it performed.
I don't have many acres-only about 20 tillable so I figured this tractor would be perfect since it is wet ground.

Thanks!

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #34  
Hi. Taking the Loader frame off is not difficult and can be done from inside the cab using the loader hydraulics. The U shaped frame between the rails which accept the loader becomes a foot as it slides out. When the loader is off it is supported on this foot and the loader bucket. You do need to pull the pins first that are on each side. The loader has its own manual which explains very well how to dismount it. The beauty of this tractor is being able to face the work. If yours has a 3point hitch you can do 2 operations at the same time by pushing one implement and pulling another. Though probably not plowing and discing at the same time....

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #35  
Thanks a lot! It looked like that framework came down but I was unsure and didn't want the whole thing laying on the ground.

/ Versatile 150 series2 tractors #37  
Question - Are all the 150s and 160s bi-directional? I am interested in one but I was told by one dealer today that the console would not rotate. This was on a 150 but I am not sure what year.