Deutz 6206 starting

/ Deutz 6206 starting #1  

Keyote

Tractor
1966 ford 3000
Waiting on owners and parts manuals for this tractor.<p>Meanwhile - 4 position starter switch =<br>which position should be It be on before pulling<br>the starter button? I am used to a heater button before hitting the starter for cold starts.<p>This tractor has NO functioning instrument lights.<br>Don"t want to burn up Pre Heat by leaving switch<br>in wrong position.<p>Need starting sequence and switch positions.<p>Thanks

/ Deutz 6206 starting #2  
I believe the cold weather preheater is on the pull out starter switch. Pull it half way out for preheat, and all the way out to run the starter. I'll see if I can get you the postions on the key switch. Have several books on Deutz. trac

/ Deutz 6206 starting
Thanks!

Waiting on Operators Manual CD. Hate not having data on my tractors.
Need wiring data ASAP so I can repair warning indicators and safety switches.

/ Deutz 6206 starting #4  
Waiting on Operators Manual CD. Hate not having data on my tractors.
Need wiring data ASAP so I can repair warning indicators and safety switches.

Hi Keyote! I just got myself a Deutz 6206 as well. Any luck getting manuals and stuff? I also hate not having reference material at my fingertips :)

/ Deutz 6206 starting #6  
Cowabunga! You're not kidding!

Have you bought any of these? I wouldn't mind having the operator's manual and the electrical.

/ Deutz 6206 starting
Cowabunga! You're not kidding!

Have you bought any of these? I wouldn't mind having the operator's manual and the electrical.

I bought the operators manual. It's good and has wiring diagram but short on
details.

I recommend getting the Wiring book as I intend to do.

/ Deutz 6206 starting #8  
I bought the operators manual. It's good and has wiring diagram but short on
details.

I recommend getting the Wiring book as I intend to do.

I just ordered both. Now I wait...

Does the owner's manual have anything about moving the front wheels in? The previous owner had the wheels on one side set wide. I flipped the hub on the rear wheel to get it back under the fender (and so I could load it on the transport trailer!) but the front is still out wide. I figure it's not a big deal other than being esthetically displeasing. :)

/ Deutz 6206 starting
No - not that detailed.

/ Deutz 6206 starting #10  
Crap. Oh well, I suppose it's straightforward enough. I was hoping it might have some pointers. The tie rod has to shortened, but it looks like it should be easy enough.

The wiring manual will be useful, I hope. My D6206 has a lot of broken wires. Did you figure out the starter settings, by the way?