Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Pasquali 462e

Default Re: New Pasquali owner

Nice tractor Daric, from your sister Lisa!

Tractor
    Pasquali 956

Just bought an Old pasquali 956. Has anyone a user manual in English? I live in Portgugal but olnly speak English - a problem here.
    Regards
    Pantufa

Pantufa,

Pasquali Manuals

Joe

Tractor
    Kubota B2650 with cab, Pasquali 986

Another Pasquali Noob here, just picked up a 986, complete and running with good rubber. Needs a little TLC but don't see anything major wrong. Worst thing is a small leak around the PTO shaft.

I'll be going over it a lot closer tomorrow, and I'll likely be back

Thanks already for the link to the manuals!

Tractor
    Pasquali 462e

Hello again. I have been using my pasquali for many things! Had some fun and games earlier this year, turns out the rear case was broke and poorly welded and it broke again. So I repaired it, as a good one was not to be found! See this link for the details!

One Way to Repair Cast Iron- How I fixed the tractor case

Great machine, and a real joy to be keeping alive!

PHPaul ... welcome and enjoy your Pasquali .

Ponderingjunkman... I took a look over on Pop Machinist (I’m also a member there) at the repair you did on the transmission case…I have to say that is some very impressive work. Hopefully it is still working well for you.

I have a 997 on which the front case bolts loosened and took out the pinion gear. When I reassemble I will look at using your ideas for strengthening it.

Joe

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM240D / Massey Ferguson 135 / New Holland TN75F / Pasquali 988 and 997 / Goldoni 20A, 226 and Maxter 70RS / Ferrari 76 and 85 / Holder A50 / Valpadana VMC 180 / Long 610 4WD

Hi Daric, That is one interesting repair. I run the Italian Tractor site (Pasquali tractor parts, Lombardini, Ruggerini, Slanzi) and am working on a new site we are launching in early 2014. If you would be agreeable, I would like to feature the repair on the site. I am going to have a section on restorations and projects. Your repair should be a good motivator for owners. As you know (or perhaps you didn't) that case is no longer in production or in stock. Inspirational repair to say the least. All the best, Tom

Tractor
    Pasquali 462e

Thanks Joe and Tom for the compliments! So far so good, not even an oil leak yet on the repair.

Tom, I would be honored to be featured on your site! If it helps even one tractor to survive, it will be worthwhile. I have also grafted a GM Si alternator on, which has worked out really well- I will have to get pictures of that up too. Keep up your site! It is a wonderful resource!

Yesterday it was 15 degrees out, and some things needed moving around with the loader. About 20 seconds of holding down the button for the manifold heater, and it started right up! Good stuff! These little tractors surely are a delight, no matter what it takes to keep them going!

Tractor
    Kubota B2650 with cab, Pasquali 986

Ah...activity!

Re: Starting. I got curious and went down to the shed in ~ 20 weather, and my 986 started quite easily. A bit longer (maybe 10 or 15 seconds) on the starter, but it cranked without help.

When it does get to the point where assistance is needed, the documents available online talk about a "starting reservoir" that is supposed to be filled with ordinary crankcase oil. Makes no sense to me, can somebody tell me about that?

Mine is in the garage with all the tin off it at the moment, being stripped and repainted. It had four layers of paint on it, the most recent apparently applied with a broom.

Fixing up Guido

I have a cold starting set up on my 997.
    I'll post some pics at a later time. It is basically a small reservoir that is filled by the fuel return line between the injector return and fuel tank. This feeds a small amount of fuel to the heater plug in the intake manifold.
    The heater plug and this set up seem to be very common. The plug is listed on eBay for less than $20.

Massey Ferguson Heater Plug Part Numbers # 2666103, 893501M91

Most, if not all that I learned about this set up was gleaned from Massey Ferguson literature.

Joe
    Last edited by JoeZZ; 12-24-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast