Pasquali 988 Clutch issue

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #41  
Sounds like he has slowed down quite a bit. Even a year ago it took him two weeks to respond to an email request for clutch parts quote. Worse now I guess.

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #42  
I hate to hear about Jack. Dad bought a loader and a late model clutch from him. It took a while to get the clutch. He had to order it from Italy and it took a while. He made up for it ion cables and alot of free parts.

I thought he might have been scamming so I emailed Pasquali headquarters and they said that I had to go through Jack, but they had to get a few orders from him to make it worth while to ship to the US.

I used to deal with Fiat for replacement parts for some Fiat Allis machinery I ran for a company. THey were hard to deal with and sorta arrogant with shipping parts.

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #43  
I can certainly understand that parts can take forever to be shipped from Italy if at all. Its another matter when it takes two weeks to answer a simple question regarding price and availability via email. That alone took weeks. So not great business practice if you ask me.

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #44  
Hi SMB,

If your clutch is slipping in higher gears, more than likely your clutch plate is worn out. We have everything in stock you need. Check out our site at Pasquali parts for good information concerning your unit. All the best, Tom

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #45  
Just a note on ordering out of Italy. Pasquali is a great company to deal with. Admittedly, things don't move at a rocket pace in Europe. That being said, please do not confuse the storys Jack tells you with Pasquali's service. We consistently have our orders out of Italy within one to two weeks of us transferring the funds. August is the one exception, where the entire company takes the month off. This probably has to do with the grape harvest, but I am not sure. Orders just before, or after August can take a bit longer - perhaps an extra few days. Italy is not the problem, believe me. All the best, Tom

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #46  
Thanks Tom. I will give you a call or email re my clutch issues. I agree it seems like I have a worn out friction plate. Sounds like its not that difficult to change it out.

As far as Aug in Italy. That I think is their normal vacation time. Much of Europe just packs it up about then. But hey, that's one reason why the EU is having so many problems.

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #47  
It's an easy change out for the Pasquali's. Do you have the full service manual? If not, go to our website and choose 'Links'. Herve Cochard has a free download of it. Go in to Herve's site and choose 'Preliminary Service Manual'.

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #48  
I sure wish that free manual site had one for the bigger 462e! Sure is nice to find an alternative parts source,Tom! :thumbsup: I was beginning to think that the italians didn't care one bit about the north american market- based on the US rep.

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #49  
I don't have access to a 462e manual, but I do have the operations and parts manual for the 440 and 492 (494). Also have the rebuild manual for the VM diesels used in the larger Pasquali's if any of those would be of any help. I think that the 988 service manual would be quite applicable to the larger units. Although there are differences, the internal design philosophy is the same. Many of the parts sheets show parts that are almost identical except for size. I would recommend downloading the 988 manual from Herve, as it would get you through a major tractor overhaul with little or no problems.

Tom
Pasquali parts

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #50  
I bought my first 997 in 2007 and my second this summer (2011).

I have purchased parts from Tom Brach that were ordered from Italy. The experience was exactly what it was supposed to be, honest and straight forward with exceptional communication.

I have found from my own experience what Tom has said in the preceding posts to be exactly the truth.

I will order any and all of my Pasquali Tractor parts from him in the future.

What a relief after all these years to find a reliable / honest Pasquali parts dealer.

Joe

PS- Yes, Ray S. that is the machine you sold to me...getting a lot of work done with it.

Attachments

• HPIM3167.JPG
    HPIM3167.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,784