Pasquali 988 Clutch issue

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #51  
Thanks Joe, I appreciate your confidence and support. These tractors are good units, well worth the time and effort to keep them running. It has taken some time to create reliable contacts in Italy, but I really find them good to work with. Companies willing to support products that are 30 - 40 years old are becoming hard to find. Pasquali, Goldoni and other Italian manufacturers are committed to tractors they have manufactured, regardless of age. While some parts are out of production and out of stock, most essentials to keep them rolling are still available.

Tom

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #52  
Tom Ill probably be ordering some parts for the 991 from you soon. I have a ujoint with some slop in it if I cant find one at the local driveline shop.

I know what your saying about Jacks business practices. I also learnt about ordering parts from Italy in August. I have a customer that has 2 large Same tractors and I tried to order some parts on July 28 th once.

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #53  
If you get a chance, take a look at the parts page on my website. Using the index, you can clearly identify the numbers of your u-joints. I recently ordered some sets in for a couple of 988's and it appeared Pasquali is having them made up by an OEM. If you are able to identify a source in North America for the u-joints, please let me know as I will post it on my website for others. We weren't able to find the 988's here as they were an uncommon metric size. I think on my next order I am going to order a couple sets in to have on the shelf, as this is the second request this summer.

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue
FYI all I have my tractor up and running thanks to Tom, been away from the forum for quite a while. I did have issues getting the first clutch/pressure plate in and working. THis was the finger type, Tom took it back and exchanged it for the newer flange type that doesn't need to be adjusted. I still had issues which wounded up being the clutch is build differently, a tad thicker and has a compressible quality to it unlike the original one. I re installed the original clutch (plenty of life left in it. WIth the new pressure plate and I was back up and running. I highly recommend doing business with Tom.

~ Phil

/ Pasquali 988 Clutch issue #55  
Phil,
It’s good to know you are up and running…hope you get a lot of work done with your machine.

Did you by any chance take a picture of the two clutch/pressure plate set ups so as to get a visual reference?

Tom at Italian Tractors is certainly the best route for parts and info.

I’ll be doing some clutch work on the 997 I got about a year ago…clutch pedal is stiff…probably corrosion some where as it sat for a long time before I got it.

Joe