Long 2360 Maintenance

/ Long 2360 Maintenance #1  

JD5210

Veteran Member
Tractor
5210 MFWD
A friend has asked me to help him do maintenance on his 2WD Long 2360, which has received no maintenance in the past 5 years. We plan to do oil and filter, fuel filters, hydraulic and filter, grease it and air cleaner filters. I have done maintenance on cars, trucks and tractors for a number of years with no problems. He does have the owners manual.

Since I believe in the saying 哲o good deed goes unpunished? thought I would ask if even one has experience doing maintenance on this tractor and if there is anything I should watch out for? Also is there anything else that needs maintenance.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

/ Long 2360 Maintenance #2  
Lubricate the position control linkages, rollers with a good spray on pen oil, they tend to freeze up. Also change the power steering oil. The tran-hyd oil is a good oil for the power steering. Change the outboard final drives oil with 80w90 wt. Check the rear drawbar+ wheel bolts for tightness. Their is a good maintance chart in the owners manuel.

/ Long 2360 Maintenance
Thank you for the response.

What is outboard final drives?

/ Long 2360 Maintenance #5  
The big housing between the fenders and the wheels. The fenders mount on the same housing. Their is a level plug and a drain plug that can be removed with a 7/8" box wrench. Best to run the tractor around for a few hours and drain. Replace with 80W90 gear oil. Most of the ones I service have never had the oil changed. Your tractor has a spin on hydraulic filter, not a screen, so I don't think Ken's will work. Sold alot of those tractors in the days, and owned one myself. Wish I had it back.

/ Long 2360 Maintenance
Trac, thank you it is a friends tractor and he lives about 45 minutes away. It has not seen maintenance in a long while. I knew I better starting learning about it when he told he was going to use the same oil as he does in his truck.

Interesting I would have thought since the tractor was made in Romania it would have been metric, I better take both types of wrenchs along.

Thanks again.

/ Long 2360 Maintenance #7  
where do you add hydraulic fluid on a 89 long 2360