Steiger Super Wildcat

/ Steiger Super Wildcat #1  

a109836

Tractor
steiger super wilcat, john deere 2850, ford 3600
I just bought a Steiger Super Wildcat to pull a 6 yard scraper, i'm planning on digging out my pond with it.

/ Steiger Super Wildcat #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Steiger Super Wildcat #3  
Welcome to TBN. Around here we have a saying
"If there are no pictures it never happened". Thats just our way of saying we like to see pictures of the projects.:)

/ Steiger Super Wildcat #4  
We have a Steiger bearcat 210hp CAT 3208 on a 7 yard miskin that we maintain field drains/ ditches with and handles it very well , Nicer than some of our bigger tractors i think as the trans is easier to shift on the move . We dont use it for heavy field work any more but the tractors are strong enough just the V8 was their downfall ...keep the rpm's up/gears down and dont lug it too much. You gotta nurse those V8's or they will throw up!.
There are lots of these locally on smaller farms and in hedgerows with all kinds of engines in them ...neighbour has a wildcat with a deutz air cooled V8 in it .

Bearcatandscraper-1.jpg

Last edited:
   / Steiger Super Wildcat #5  
I just bought a Steiger Super Wildcat to pull a 6 yard scraper, i'm planning on digging out my pond with it.

My neighbor has a Super Wildcat powered by a Cat 3160 diesel. He farms about 200 acres of hay and uses the Steiger to pull a 15-ft offset disc for primary tillage.

DSCF0088 (Small).JPGDSCF0090 (Small).JPGDSCF0095 (Small).JPG

Good luck and post photos of your new toy.

/ Steiger Super Wildcat #6  
Hello & WELCOME to TBN!

I moved your thread to the All Other Brands Forum. :)

/ Steiger Super Wildcat
Steiger Super Wildcat steering problems Saga continue's, original symptoms - - the tractor starting going whereever it wanted to, I had no control over the steering. When I would shut it down, it would steer correctly for about 1 minute, this is how I got it back to the shop. Solution ( 1st of many) change hydraulic oil (oil was a thin as water) and filter, problem got worse, now the steering wheel was hard to turn. 2nd solution - remove steering cylinders and check with air pressure, 1st cyclinder checked out good, held 100 psi without bleed off. 2nd cyclinder had bleed off (YAA) this must be the problem. Took cylinder apart and the square o-rings where more of a triangle shape, went to the tractor store to buy a seal kit. Tractor store wants $100 for a seal kit, no way I'm paying that, ordered some o-rings off the internet $17 :) Put in o-rings, put cylinder back on, still won't steer. Time to increase pressure to steering valve, cranked down the adjustment on the check valve and checked pressure, 2000 pds, still won't steer. Now I'm thinking the problem is cylinder 1 or steering pump, so I took off cylinder 1, took it apart and the square o-rings looked brand new, not the cylinder. Started looking for a steering valve, $600 - $1100 cost, found a NOS on e-bay for $265 with shipping, put it on, still no steering. Must be the o-rings I put in cylinder 2, I thought. Pulled off cylinder 2 checked o-rings, they're good as can be, tried turning steering wheel with cylinder off. It would turn, but it was jerky, like it had air in line, time to check hydraulic flow from pump, flow was hardly anything coming out of pump. Checked flow at back of tractor, since its a 2 stage pump, remotes had good flow. Do I need a new pump now?

/ Steiger Super Wildcat
I'm surprised to hear that yours shifts easy, my steiger will shift sometimes when its moving(very seldom:mad:), but usually I have to shut it down and then start the engine with the tractor in the gear that I want. Maybe my clutch needs adjusting?:laughing:

/ Steiger Super Wildcat
We have a Steiger bearcat 210hp CAT 3208 on a 7 yard miskin that we maintain field drains/ ditches with and handles it very well , Nicer than some of our bigger tractors i think as the trans is easier to shift on the move . We dont use it for heavy field work any more but the tractors are strong enough just the V8 was their downfall ...keep the rpm's up/gears down and dont lug it too much. You gotta nurse those V8's or they will throw up!.
There are lots of these locally on smaller farms and in hedgerows with all kinds of engines in them ...neighbour has a wildcat with a deutz air cooled V8 in it .

I'm surprised to hear that yours shifts easy, my steiger will shift sometimes when its moving(very seldom), but usually I have to shut it down and then start the engine with the tractor in the gear that I want. Maybe my clutch needs adjusting?

/ Steiger Super Wildcat #10  

I'm surprised to hear that yours shifts easy, my steiger will shift sometimes when its moving(very seldom), but usually I have to shut it down and then start the engine with the tractor in the gear that I want. Maybe my clutch needs adjusting?

Shifts beautiful , as you will see in my pics i haul semi trailers with hay behind it . And why i use it on the dirt scraper as it will shift up to travel and dump to box then back into low to fill the box. I do like verstiles a lot more but shifting with them is more of an almost stationary job !
Bearcat will shift up the gears on the road like a truck !