Lamborghini C603

/ Lamborghini C603 #1  

smb

Tractor
labborghini c603
Just purchased an older (~1976) Lamborghini C603 for discing and mowing hillside vineyard. Anyone have experience, sage advise, good or bad words about this tractor? Hope it turns out to be a good one.

/ Lamborghini C603 #2  
Don't know a darn thing about them but would like to see a picture or two. Sounds interesting! Good luck

/ Lamborghini C603
I'll dig up a photo and post. Its a crawler, 62 HP 3 cyl. air cooled diesel. Looks pretty sturdy but compact like a lot of Italian tractors. But that is about all I know too. Just wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with them.

/ Lamborghini C603
If I managed to do this correctly there should be a photo of the Lamborghini attached

Attachments

• DSC_0710.jpg
    DSC_0710.jpg
    793.8 KB · Views: 1,060
   / Lamborghini C603 #5  
Wow - that is a cool little crawler! That should be great for getting into some tight spaces with a fair amount of HP! Good luck and hope you get some information that will help you out!
Thanks for the photo

/ Lamborghini C603 #6  
Just drove the C45(?) Dad's orchard has had since new. I really like running it although it's not as smooth a ride as the Hesston 70-75. Not sure about yours but ous came with way to big of a blade so my uncle managed to tear the clutch up 2 or 3 times, most likely slamming it to move too much dirt.
Parts have never been much of an issue. Maintain it and stuff just doesn't seem to break. We had the clutch and brakes relined some place in Portland I believe. Other than that, one of the rollers "exploded" with a catastrophic bearing failure. I managed to convince them to replace all the bearings and seals on the rollers then.
Sounds like I'll be doing rings or maybe more in the next year or two, from the way it sounded after it finally started. It's roughly a 1971 tractor and it's always fun to tell someone you have a blue and white Lamborghini diesel!
Loren

/ Lamborghini C603
I have always wanted to own a Lamborghini, just didn't know it would have tracks on it!

/ Lamborghini C603 #8  
Fella i worked for in the late seventies had two lamborghini wheeled tractors,a 60 and a 100 hp,were good tractors altough pretty loud,they rattled like buckets of bolts.They seemed kinda cheeply build i say,plenty play on the levers and pedals from new.

/ Lamborghini C603 #9  
I too just purchased a thirty year old Lambo C653L crawler. My observations so far:

Get to know Google Translate, it's invaluable for deciphering any non-English text in the manuals.
Standard transmission, hand clutch, steering clutches, and brakes are way more complicated to master than a crawler with simple pedal steer and powershift.
Reverse gearing seems to be much higher than forward low, takes me by surprise.
My machine has a 6 way blade, thought that was great, until I realized I only had two hands. (See above for discussion on complexity of controls.)
6 way blade has its own hydraulic system, and the blade and lines are removable. Unfortunately this is the one aspect of the machine that I have no manual for.
Remains to be seen how easy it will be to obtain parts. I know that I likely need to get a new hydraulic filter, since the previous owner never used aux hydraulics.
Still looking for an explanation of how you open the cover to the hydraulic reservoir without removing the tank.
Check the transmission fluid, apparently my machine's previous owner lacked the proper metric allen wrench to do that, I was perilously low on gear oil.
No down pressure on the three point hitch.
PTO output is really close to the drawbar. It may not be possible to utilize some of my PTO driven attachments where it is.
PTO engagement isn't the smoothest in the world, and its hand clutch isn't for the faint of heart.
Diesel engine only wants to start at freezing or above.
Still chuckle that the manual doesn't tell you how to turn the engine off. (Hidden under the dash is a push-to-stop fuel shutoff.)
Horn switch but no horn, or indication one ever existed. (Have been researching what a Lamborghini horn sounds like.)
You better be into yoga, calisthenics, or otherwise limber, as you just about have to crawl into the operator's seat!

Now all that said, so far it's a cool, albeit quirky, machine. :thumbsup: