long 2510 3 pt lift

/ long 2510 3 pt lift #1  

bubbles

Has anybody had any experiance with the long 3pt lift. It works but is very slow. If you move the handle to raise it up it may take a few seconds before it will lift. This is very frustrating I have changed the main hyd filter and have played with the sinsetivity adjustment under the seat. Have i missed a filter some where? thanks:confused2:

/ long 2510 3 pt lift #2  
I have serviced these tractors for many years. . Give some history on the tractor. Then we'll go from there.

/ long 2510 3 pt lift
Ive owend the tractor for a couple of years I bought it with a blown head gasket. Its a decent tractor Just has a lot of little things that need attetion. The 3pt lift will stay up with a load on it no problem there.

The big problem its like you dont have any sesnsitvity control u just cant rasie it up a hair it will raise a lot. Like when you use a box blade a need to raise it up to feather out the dirt. Well it more like it dumps all at once . Its like the position control handle doesent respond to you move ment. Thanks for your help.

/ long 2510 3 pt lift #4  
Sounds like a linkage problem. Quite common to those tractors not lubricated properly. The draft- position control linkage in on the right side of top- rockshaft 3 pt. cover. View it from on the ground, rear of the tractor looking forward. All of the rollers must be free, and moving properly. Check the arm, that goes through the top cover, that roller is very important to be free. It is quite common to have bent linkage, if not lubricated. This will become tougher to repair. Their is another topic in the hydraulic section on a 445 that you may want to view, which is similar .

/ long 2510 3 pt lift #5  
did you long 2510 blow air into the radiator when the head hasket was gone?

/ long 2510 3 pt lift #6  
3 point hitch isnt great on the long our are the hydrolics, but there great on power and fuel economy. did you move the hitch controler in the back? gives you 3 position to choose from. move it depending on what implement your using.

/ long 2510 3 pt lift #7  
Has anybody had any experiance with the long 3pt lift. It works but is very slow. If you move the handle to raise it up it may take a few seconds before it will lift. This is very frustrating I have changed the main hyd filter and have played with the sinsetivity adjustment under the seat. Have i missed a filter some where? thanks:confused2:

Bubbles,
I have had a similar problem with a 560 LONG. To cut to the chase, it turned out, that my hydraulic pump had been failing and subsequently I had to replace it.
LONGS are known for their weak hydraulics. However, this was my experience with a 560, it by no means that your troubles are so involved.
sincerely, DUKE

/ long 2510 3 pt lift #8  

Has anyone ever had trouble with a Long 2510 lift handle for the 3 pt hitch being so tight that I can hardly raise it or lower it