Default Does anybody make an ATV with a PTO and...

...can it be used to pull tillers, etc?

Seems like it might work nicely.

tia

Thaddeus

Tractor
    B2620, Toro Z-Master 45 3 (2 3hp Kaw asaki, 52" deck.Kubota RTV 900)

Default Re: Does anybody make an ATV with a PTO and...

Yamaha made a machinr they called a Terrapro 10-12 years ago.hey never caught on. seems like a good ideal now that so many are using their ATV's to do work on food plots, etc.
    Will

Tractor
    Century 3045

There are a lot of ATV attachments for lawn/grounds work. I don't think a tiller attachment would be practical because an ATV (at least mine) doesn't like going that slow for an extended period of time. I used mine once to pull a dethatcher and trying to keep it so slow was not a good experience. Only tried it once.
    Pacesetter

actually there is an off road motorcycle with a PTO [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] can't remember the brand right now though.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2516

Polaris used to make a diesel ATV with a PTO but it didn't sell well and was discontinued. I owned a lot of ATV's and now own a Yamaha Raptor 660. pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/vamangano

Tractor
    Enough

You donít "pull" a tiller. You hold them backÖ Tillers have a huge amount of traction when they contact the ground. We had a customer lower the tiller to the ground on a small Yanmar once when the tractor was not in gear and he shot across the yard like a bullet.

Don't some of the tillers have a reverse direction option. I know some of the ones with gas engines on them do.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Don't some of the tillers have a reverse direction option )</font>

Yes. I don't know the ratio, but I think they're relatively rare compared to the forward turning ones.

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

I wouldn't try to use an ATV for tractor work. My little Yanmar weighs 1200 pounds with no attachments. I often wish it weighed more. The largest ATV weighs maybe half that much. I've seen ads for FELs and even backhoes for ATVs, but I can't imagine them being very effective. I CAN imagine a lot of tire spinning, clutch smoking and swearing, however.

Hinimoto (sp) made/makes a tractor that's kind of a golf cart looking thing but a tractor as well. It was not distributed in the states, but saw 1 listed in Ebay last month and found it interesting.