Valpadana 6055

/ Valpadana 6055 #1  

hoseguy

Tractor
Valpadana
Hello from New Zealand.

Just wondering who (if anyone) has had anything to do with the older range of Valpadana tractors.
I picked this one up locally as a light restoration project and have been poking at it over the last couple of weeks.
Basically the hydraulics don't work (properly) and the PTO doesn't work (no engine PTO, only ground).

Anyone used/seen/sold/bought/repaired one of these?
No-one I've spoken to has even heard of one and neither has the internet so it seems.

/ Valpadana 6055 #2  
The "Valpadana" brand is one of the 3 brands manufactured and marketed by Argo tractors Spa of Fabbricco, Italy.

The other brands are Landini )blue) & McCormick (red).

Suggest you could get help from a Landini dealer, McCormick dealers in my experience have little knowledge of Valpadana product.

/ Valpadana 6055
Thanks for that guys,
Although anything relating to Valpadana seems to stem from the re-launched range of tractors (2004-ish) mine will be early '80s at best.
Valpadana have been making tractors since the '60s and other machinery way before then.
Extensive internet searches reveal various models of varying HP and configuration. I think Valpadana first used the equal wheel, reversible articulated steer type tractors to good success (thus followed by the likes of Goldoni and Carrera, etc).

What I do know is, it is 4wd (works),
12 speed (all work. synchro-box too),
50hp 3cyl air cooled Lombardini engine (smokes like a beagle!, but starts quickly even with blown head gaskets, blown manifold gaskets, dodgy injectors, no lift pump and leaky push rod tubes :thumbsup:)
2 speed PTO (not working, only ground speed)
6 or 7 gpm external hydraulic pump (works)
cat 1 lift arms (only goes up, doesn't cut out, stalls tractor unless you mess with the relief valve then it doesn't go down. controls do nothing and dont attach to anything in the case) :confused2:
Has 3 remotes bolted to the fender for powering front mounted forklift frame and one two way remote out the back.
Local dealerships can get some spares (clutches, etc) but nobody has seen the model I have. Model 7070 has different hydraulic set up seemingly.

Looks like I may have to come up with a radical (cheapskate) modification to fix the hydraulics.

Only need the remotes to work really as it's only going to be a log splitter but I was going to set up a 'unicorn' type screw splitter but seeing as the PTO doesnt work might have to go hydraulic instead.
Arguably better anyway :cool:

I'm off to have another look at this valve block and start thinking out of the box.

Will post any stoopid ideas in the hydraulic section so i can be suitably mocked and pointed at.

Kirk, out!

/ Valpadana 6055 #5  
power farming in morrinsville were the importer of the time, most them sold in tepuke and central BOP regions, people like jacks machinery in whakatane may still have workshop manuals lurking somewhere

i want a valpadana 7070 one day if budget persistes, will make a nice restoration to go with my SAME's

/ Valpadana 6055 #7  
yup, would love to own it! finances aren't allowing for much at the mo

that one on trademe is a rare tractor,

/ Valpadana 6055
Yup,
I'd never even heard of Valpadana until my neighbour sold me this one.
Thought it was going to be a re-badged Fiat or Landini.
Kinda glad it isn't though it's kinda cool owning something out of the ordinary.
Originally was saving up for a half decent 35 but i think this will be way more useful.
I would quite like to try one of the articulated ones.
Articulated stuff floats my boat a bit :cool:

:thumbsup:

/ Valpadana 6055 #9  
Hello from New Zealand.

Just wondering who (if anyone) has had anything to do with the older range of Valpadana tractors.
I picked this one up locally as a light restoration project and have been poking at it over the last couple of weeks.
Basically the hydraulics don't work (properly) and the PTO doesn't work (no engine PTO, only ground).

Anyone used/seen/sold/bought/repaired one of these?
No-one I've spoken to has even heard of one and neither has the internet so it seems.

Hi Kirk, Paul Here,
I have a 7070. Same hyd problems when I got it. Are the rubber boots on the gear levers nackered, if so oil in the hyd/gear oil. If it looks milky it's the problem. Clean out the filter, up the front, flush the system over and over, replace the oil, bingo.
I need a clutch, 7070 dual action pto etc. Any ideas.
Ring Mike at Cottle Hill winery in Kerikeri, he has the same model as your I think. See also imurray@ttc.co.nz
He is from The tractor Centre in Pukekohe.
Get back to me.
regards
Paul pdkcurtin@xtra.co.nz

/ Valpadana 6055 #10