Deutz 3006

/ Deutz 3006 #11  
This is my 30-06. My daughter is driving it in a parade pulling the Bachtold mower that I ran when I was a kid in the 70's I just found another that has a loader and has been abandoned in western Oklahoma. I tracked down the owner and have made a deal to purchase it for $1000. It is rough but I believe I can make it as nice as my other one.

Attachments

• 30-06.jpg
    30-06.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 3,321
   / Deutz 3006 #12  
Dave i am a new member, and came across your post. I just bought an older Deutz (3006) and it has excessive play in the steering box. I see that it has an adjustment screw similar to older Ford trucks, but i don`t want to open a can of worms, without asking an experienced mechanic, we live in central Fl. ...so too far to pay you a visit. your response will be appreciated. daddyg

/ Deutz 3006 #13  
Dave i am a new member, and came across your post. I just bought an older Deutz (3006) and it has excessive play in the steering box. I see that it has an adjustment screw similar to older Ford trucks, but i don`t want to open a can of worms, without asking an experienced mechanic, we live in central Fl. ...so too far to pay you a visit. your response will be appreciated. daddyg

This is the number you need to call for steering issue and any other deutz questions or parts.
Walts Tractor 417-472-7200
Wally is the 2nd generation owner of this deutz dealer(Walt is his dad who started the business way back when) and runs a service, salvage and used tractor sales business in s.e. Missouri. Google Dr Deutz for his website. Wally knows as much about a deutz as any man alive today and he is very willing to help.

/ Deutz 3006 #14  
My old Deutz 3006 has been strong, trustworthy, great, until while bush hogging recently sheer pin didnt break. What broke is on PTO engagement end. I pulled shaft (above PTO) that has large gear that runs PTO w/small needle bearings on other end and the Shaft looks fine. Any idea what broke and how do I get to it?

/ Deutz 3006 #15  
My old Deutz 3006 has been strong, trustworthy, great, until while bush hogging recently sheer pin didnt break. What broke is on PTO engagement end. I pulled shaft (above PTO) that has large gear that runs PTO w/small needle bearings on other end and the Shaft looks fine. Any idea what broke and how do I get to it?

It's not too hard to look inside the tranny. You have to take the hydraulic lines loose from the three point lift top and take out the (6) 12 mm allen head bolts and unpin the lift arms. Lift off the top nd look down inside. The pto is engaged by a simple slide collar. More than likely, the slide collar broke in half or the splines wore through. Scroll up to my previous post and get the number for Dr.Deutz. He has a good parts inventory and will talk you through whatever repair steps you need help with.

/ Deutz 3006 #16  
Thanks for very helpful info. I got the tank off, unfortunately slide collar and shaft splines were ok. Trouble is still ahead, probably clutch? Since next shaft shows no damage. I will talk to Dr. Deutz. Thanks again.

/ Deutz 3006 #17  
Dave, you are absolutely right! They are very good tractors, but unfortunately they are used very hard and a good condition one is hard to come by. I wish I could find one for me here in WI, but all I have seen are plainly worn. You got a strong air cooled engine with your Deutz. On our farm in Germany we have a 60 06 and 130 06, and both are still going strong. The 60 06 is from 71, and the 130 06 from 75. Especially the 130 06 is loaded with hours, but still going! Rick, you will have fun with the 30 06. How did you find it if I may ask? Can you post some pictures of it?

Are you still looking for a nice Deutz 4006? I have a really good one for sale. (This forum has helped me with some questions I had). Contact Doug @262.808.7490. Ich spreche Deutsch! Kewaskum,WI

/ Deutz 3006
]I bought my Deutz 3006 years ago from a friend and I have no idea how they obtained the tractor. I wish I knew if it was new or used when they purchased it. Back in the early 80's I worked for said friends and would go out and get on this tractor and bush hog their drive which was about a quarter mile long. That is all they did with this tractor. When I purchased the tractor in 2005 it had 930 hrs. About five years ago the cable broke that kept up with the hours and I have never fixed it. I would guess the tractor has less than 1200 hours on it. We use it about 10 hours a year and that is probably high. We only bush hog some deer lanes with it. The tractor has never not started with a charged battery. I have had a lot of people over the years to try and buy the tractor but it isn't hurting anything where it sits under a shed. Every year I hook a battery charger up the battery the night before and check the oil and fire it up the next morning. Those tractors are tough and there is one in my neck of the woods that has over 4000 hrs on it and they still are using it. Here is my son driving it this year either going to hook up the bush hog or unhooking it. Thanks RIck

Attachments

• deutz 1.JPG
    deutz 1.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 171
   / Deutz 3006 #19  
I've had my 30-06 for many many years, these days it spends most of its time running my pto powered log splitter,

Resized-20200312-145016-1705-S.jpg
standard.jpg

It's been a great tractor.

SR

Last edited:
   / Deutz 3006 #20