Deutz 3006

/ Deutz 3006 #1  

rickyb01

Silver Member
Tractor
1976 Deutz 3006 1962 John Deere 1010
Can I get some replies from of you that own this tractor. I just purchased one and would like to find out some things that owners of this tractor will know. Thanks Rick

/ Deutz 3006 #2  
Rick,

I sold deutz tractors in the 70's and 80,s and still work on many. They are a very good tractor although they are getting old and some of them out there are just plain worn out. Let me know what you need to know and I will see if I can help. If you are from Maumelle AR you are not to far from me.

Dave

/ Deutz 3006 #3  
Dave, you are absolutely right! They are very good tractors, but unfortunately they are used very hard and a good condition one is hard to come by. I wish I could find one for me here in WI, but all I have seen are plainly worn. You got a strong air cooled engine with your Deutz. On our farm in Germany we have a 60 06 and 130 06, and both are still going strong. The 60 06 is from 71, and the 130 06 from 75. Especially the 130 06 is loaded with hours, but still going! Rick, you will have fun with the 30 06. How did you find it if I may ask? Can you post some pictures of it?

/ Deutz 3006 #4  
Dave, Rick
Just got a very good condition D3006 with 1994 hours. Has bad starter
solnoid so am jumpering battery to stater lug. Hope to be able to repair
or replace the solnoid. Would like to keep this thread going with D3006
pictures and 'good to know info'.
Jim
DSCN0496.jpgDSCN0498.jpgDSCN0502.jpg

Last edited:
   / Deutz 3006 #5  
Update--was able to get starter rebuilt and now starts via just jumpering 12v into solinoid. Have to find where circuit is open from key, starter switch and all interlocking switches. Have to find wiring diagram and get into dash for verification of all wiring.
Jim

/ Deutz 3006 #6  
My father has had a 3006 since 1970. Electrical on these are a real pain. Look on eBay for the Owner's Manual. It contains both the circuit diagram and a very useful chart showing all the lubrication points.

/ Deutz 3006 #7  
Rickyb01 don't want to hijack the thread but if you find anywhere to purchase parts for the 06 , model tractors please let me know. I just bought a deutz 4506 and am having trouble finding parts and info. I will do the same if you want. I do have a operators manual for the 3006 if you have any questions i can help on. Thanks

/ Deutz 3006 #9  
I would appreciate if someone could let me know what fluid and how much goes in the transmission. I inherited a 3006 and she's running rough. Is there a dipstick to check for the level? I'm new to this tractor and any help would be appreciated. She's old and tired but still runs.

/ Deutz 3006 #10  
I would appreciate if someone could let me know what fluid and how much goes in the transmission. I inherited a 3006 and she's running rough. Is there a dipstick to check for the level? I'm new to this tractor and any help would be appreciated. She's old and tired but still runs.

I use 90 wt gear lube in the trans and universal hydraulic oil in the reservoir under the seat. There is a dipstick for the tranny in front of the seat and it looks like the head of a bolt but it is not holding anything down. Unscrew it and the stick is underneath. The 30-06 is a 2 cylinder and they sound uneven when they are in fact running just fine. :thumbsup: