New Belarus 250AS owner needs help!

/ New Belarus 250AS owner needs help! #11  
yes. me too would love to hear of this clutch replacement. It only took an hour....?
don't you have to split the tractor apart?
I had considered junking mine when it finally went out due to what seems to be tedious job of changing it..

/ New Belarus 250AS owner needs help! #12  
I've done it in 45 minutes...flat. Simply remove the hydraulic pump, and decouple the input shaft. There's a coupling that keeps the shaft from the clutch coupled to the transmission shaft. There are a couple bolts. (Drain any fluid if necessary from this housing at this time...shouldn't be much). Set a jack stand just behind the bell housing. (block both sides of the rear wheels) Remove the clutch linkage pins and spring and throttle linkage (5 minutes at the most). Remove the sight window where the linkage spring attaches. Disconnect the battery ground. Remove the bolts to the support frame where it connects to the bell housing. Remove the bolts from the bell housing. Put a couple of blocks of wood on either side between the piviot on the front axle to prevent it from rotating, right where the frame is over the pivot area. Put a rolling jack under the area behind the oil pan and in front of the bell housing, with a piece of wood crossing both support arms. Gently jack up until the unit starts to separate ever so slightly...then roll the unit apart, readjusting your jack as necessary. Change the clutch out...be sure you mark the pressure plate position though on the flywheel before you disconnect the pressure plate. Also keep in mind those extra holes on the pressure plate are used to compress the pressure plate while you install the new clutch so it makes it much easier to get it right. Take the input shaft that is still sticking in the transmission and stick it up into the clutch and into the pilot bearing (check the bearing condition while you are in there, and replace it if necessary...you can replace it by filling the hole full of grease and sticking a shaft roughly a little smaller than the diameter of the bearing into the hole and tapping it hard with a hammer. This should create hydraulic pressure to drive the bearing out.) Use the shaft to line things up with the clutch. Remove the compression bolts. Keep the shaft in as you slowly roll the unit back together. When it is reassembled, use the inspection hole to adjust the clutch fingers to be within 2 mm of the release bearing. All of them should be equal as it is rotated.

/ New Belarus 250AS owner needs help! #13  
wow. awesome post. you make me feel as if I could do it blind folded now. Im going to print that out and save it for when the time is right. Thanks for the detail!

/ New Belarus 250AS owner needs help! #14  
Don't forget to get the wiring harness/starter wires removed while you are at it. If it's a time thing, it may be easier just to cut the harness as there isn't that much to it. Don't cut the battery cable though. You can always splice them back together in a minute or two.

I am not sure if I was clear...the access to the coupling on the shaft is behind the hydraulic pump area. Also when reassembling or pulling it apart, make sure you have the transmission out of gear.

/ New Belarus 250AS owner needs help! #15  
My 250 suddenly quit moving.
I still have to depress clutch to get it to go into all gears, but when you let off clutch pedal it doesn't move ?
Is clutch out ?

/ New Belarus 250AS owner needs help! #16  
My 250 suddenly quit moving.
I still have to depress clutch to get it to go into all gears, but when you let off clutch pedal it doesn't move ?
Is clutch out ?

/ New Belarus 250AS owner needs help! #17  
When you shift from low range to high range and visa versa you should always do it with the tractor moving. Some times it will not shift far enough, and you are more or less in neutral. Have someone help you rock the tractor back and forth while moving the range lever all the way to the left or right, depending on whether you want high or low range. The 250 is a very tough tractor.