My new TYM

/ My new TYM #1  

danrad

Yesterday evening as my brand new T300 HST Scorpion was coming up the driveway I told my wife "say good-bye to the city slicker and say hello to the country boy". What a great tractor. She had to pull me off of it last night cause I would have slept on it.

I have one questions if someone could please help me out. The manual does not talk about a "break in" period for the engine. Do I need to do anything special for a certain amount of time?

/ My new TYM #3  
Hi,

Congrats on the TYM hydro…! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you have a finish mower, go about mowing as you “normally” would… bring the tractor up to typical PTO rpm speed and mow… I wouldn’t be plowing, towing, digging out 8’ basements, or doing HD pulling for the first 10 hours or so though…

You want to check all your fasteners, especially the wheels the first few hours… then after the first 10 hours, periodically…, observe for any leaking areas with around the hydraulic areas, and tighten appropriately…

No need to “baby” it, like run rpm’s to 1300 rpm and try to mow or use a PTO device… you’d end up doing more harm than good… just try to refrain from any HD jobs the first few hours and you’ll be set… /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Now… it’s your turn for some photo’s… /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

(Of course your factory/owners manual recommendations has precedence over any of our comments)

/ My new TYM #4  
How about some pics of the tractor,sounds like you will find some new projects,enjoy,cant wait to see it ! Lloyd