Task Master

/ Task Master #1  

Anonymous Poster

I was wondering if anyone has heard of these? They make 4 different models. Are they reliabe and how hard is it to get parts. I have seen 2 dealers on the web but I would like more info on these.

/ Task Master #2  
Never heard of it before I saw this post. My first thought was "wonder if thats one of those Chinese tractors?". Looked up the web site and sure enough.
Several different factories in China are building tractors and importing them into the US, where they are being sold under a variety of different names. Nortrack, Rhino, Nelly belle, Hardy, Hobby Horse, and now Task Master.
Check this forum, do a search. There are several posts about these tractors, and Chinese tractors in general.

Ernie
"You can plainly see that the Alamo was never built by a military people for a fortress."
Green Jameson, Jan 1836 (in a letter to Sam Houston)

/ Task Master
Thanks Ernie Thats what Ive seen. They are priced real resonable, But there must be a reason why (CHEAP?)They look like a good small tractor but there is just not anough info on them or history.

/ Task Master #4  
I saw that web site a while back. I think if you look at how much horsepower you realy need you may find the savings not as much as they seem. Look at the carver site, the L series are a great value if you do not care about HST and other creature comforts. Also look at www.power-trac.com. I got a PT 425 last year and I am amazed at the quality of construction, a lot of bang for your buck. (yes HST is as good as everyone says). There is a website called chinese tractor owner association?? I think they have there website location on Taskmaster.net. Good Luck!

/ Task Master #5  
I would advise anyone to run far away from these Chinese tractors. Yes, they do work BUT let me tell you about my neighbor's Chinese tractor. He bought one new about 5 years ago. I has worked fairly well, but it is a very rough, crude machine and all of the fluids leak from every gasket. The local peddler of these went belly up and he can't find any parts for it, not even an oil filter. I've found him a place on the web that's 3000 miles from here that will ship him parts at a high cost and with a significant waiting time. He's tried to sell it, but no takers, even at only 25% of what he paid for it. This is not a bargain in my opinion.

/ Task Master #6  
Darins, From the posts I've read, I don't have a very favorable impression of these tractors. If price is a concern, Keep in mind, you can find a good used Ford/NH, Kubota, or JD compact tractor in the $9,000 to $10,000 price range with a little shoping around. You'll have a good tractor, with a dealer who can work on it, who has parts for it, and will still be there tomorrow. Later, if you should want to trade on a new machine, resale value will really matter. Good luck

Ernie
"You can plainly see that the Alamo was never built by a military people for a fortress."
Green Jameson, Jan 1836 (in a letter to Sam Houston)

/ Task Master #7  
I must agree that the price savings is not all it is cracked up to be. I have seen several Chinese tractors in the 25 HP range, selling for around $9,000. Add another $2,500 for a loader. Now check Kubota, and you will see that the same money will buy you a smaller tractor (B7500), but one which is infinitely more reliable and refined. Same in the NH line (TC18), and even the JD line, but to stay in the same price you would have to go with gear drive on their 4100. I am constantly amazed at what my little B1700HST will do, and I got it out the door for the same price as I would have paid for a larger Chinese model, which would be gear not HST. Size isn't everything, especially if you give up reliability, parts availability, and dealer support.