Deutz salesman

/ Deutz salesman #21  
Are the big engines still air cooled / One of the best built engines , some should take notes .

/ Deutz salesman #22  
Are the big engines still air cooled / One of the best built engines , some should take notes .

Unfortunately no longer air cooled (these ceased quite some years ago) so no quite the same fuel & maintenance efficiencies but Deutz remain an extremely well built, advanced design & robust machine.

Deutz is now part of the (Italian) Same-Deutz-Fahr group & whilst separate to the AGCO & Argo groups builds some brands (to AGCO & Argo individual brand design/specifications in the Same-Deutz-Fahr factories) including as I understand select Massey Ferguson & Landini models.

Photo is of our (other Deutz) c.1980 Deutz DX140 FWA & @c.9000hrs after c.33years of (ab)use showing the cosmetic signs of age but mechanically still as strong as the day it was built & well capable of delivering its 140 horses for a full days hard work.

Attachments

• TBN14032013.jpg
    TBN14032013.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
   / Deutz salesman #23  
I drove a deutz agrotron for one potato season that i was not too keen on just from a cab point of veiw compared to the fords,IH's and MF's we were running at the time but just like the DX160 we had for many years it was faultlessly reliable and as said certainly not a secondary brand quality wise .

/ Deutz salesman #24  
Here's my granddad's 1974 Deutz D-5506.

He bought a new Deutz D-4506 in 1973 to run a feedmill, 3 bottom plow and various other tasks on his small dairy farm. But it was undersized for the tasks he demanded of it. Unfortunately, the small tractor couldn't take it and the rings scorched while he was grinding feed one day. Disappointed, he sent it in for repair. As any good dealer would, they sent him a bigger D-5506 demonstrator model while his 4506 was being fixed. Grandad fell in love with the bigger tractor and HP. As he described it, the 5506 would "run away with the 3 bottom plow". He told them not to bother bringing the other tractor back.

Granddad passed away in 2000. My brother, dad and I restored and retired the D-5506 a few years later. We've never been in the engine. It has the 3.7L 4 cylinder air cooled diesel. I'm guessing this tractor has close to 7k hours on it. The hour meter quit working about 20 years ago with about 4500 hours on it. It now has a hard life of attending a few tractor shows. We've kept the old brush gaurd and plow weight on that he had fabbed up for it many moons ago. :)

DSC04527-1260.jpg

/ Deutz salesman #25  
Welcome Duane ! I've been comparing vineyard tractors and at this point a DF Agroplus S420 is leading my choices. If all goes well I'll probably place the order in early April. One hiccup I've noticed is that SDF Italy is slow to fill tractor orders. Cheers, Gary

/ Deutz salesman #26  
IMG_0353.jpg

Here is an Agrokid 230 set up for blueberries at 48 inches wide, it is pulling a rears pull-blast blower