Belarus 5370 clutch

/ Belarus 5370 clutch #1  

kerryguy

Tractor
Belarus 5370, 5470s
i'm new to this forum. My 5370 Belarus has 2000 hrs. the clutch will not engage. Working fine all day hauling manure and suddenly clutch would not engage. I couldn't pull it out of gear and had to shut it down to stop it.
It has a 5 X 10 plate under the throw out bearing. I'm going back out to see what i can see from that angle.
Any ideas?
Thanks

/ Belarus 5370 clutch #2  
Have someone move the clutch pedal while you check the linkage. Might have a pin or key come loose.

Last edited:
   / Belarus 5370 clutch
I looked in while the clutch was moved. Bearing slides well. One of the release levers isn't returning when the clutch is released. I'm afraid that I'm going to have to split the tractor to get at things.

/ Belarus 5370 clutch
Is anyone familiar with that clutch assembly? Should I be able to find a missing pin from the service hole, or is it a guaranteed split?
Thanks.

/ Belarus 5370 clutch #5  
The pressure plate has adjustable "fingers". When the clutch facing wears enough to allow slippage, through that tiny inspection port you mentioned, loosen the lock nut and turn the flat blade adjustment bolt. Then turn the flywheel and adjust the next one. I think there are 5 or 6 fingers.
It troubles me that the problem was so instant. Do I understand that you cannot get the tractor to stop pulling, even with the clutch pedal pushed down? I've had mine stick from time to time, after sitting a long while. Clutch pedal adjustment is tricky, so I hesitate to advise you to start monkeying around. But try extending the clutch arm to get a bit of extra pressure on releasing the clutch. I think there might be a grease zerk near where the throw out rod enters the case, ever grease it?

/ Belarus 5370 clutch #6  
Me thinks you'll have to split the tractor.
If one clutch finger stays behind there is something not right there,..a pin slipped out or maybe the lever broke
It can also be that the finger return spring broke but that should not cause the clutch not to operate.

/ Belarus 5370 clutch
Thanks. I'll split it when the weather gets warm. While it is apart i'll replace the slutch and throw out bearing. Do you know if the new clutch assembly comes set -up or do i need do make adjustments when i put back together?

/ Belarus 5370 clutch #8  
It prob depends on the model.Most clutches are factory set.
Your Belarus dealer should know.