3-Point Hitch looking for a pic or the part itself for an Oliver 1855

/ looking for a pic or the part itself for an Oliver 1855 #1  

jerry shannon

Silver Member
Tractor
oliver 1855 Diesel, Bobcat 863F skidsteer, john deere 855
I am looking for what is called a "support bracket" that goes somewhere on the back of the seat or seat frame for my Oliver 1855. I am restoring the tractor and want it correct. This bracket mounts to the back of the seat or under the seat frame and it supports the Top Link Assembly when not in use. You use 2 S hooks and length of chain that attaches to this support bracket. Anyone have a pic of a 3 point hitch with it showing or a description as to what it looks like. I can fabricate with plate steel but do not know what it looks like.
That is why I thought a picture of the back of an 1855 Oliver would show it and I can go from there.

Thank you in advance.

/ looking for a pic or the part itself for an Oliver 1855
I am in the process of doing so. Thank you for responding. I have also been going over countless "you tube" oliver tractor videos in hope that I get a shot at the top link on one of them.

/ looking for a pic or the part itself for an Oliver 1855 #4  
I tried an Image search on Google earlier and didn't see any.

Thank you for trying. I went to You Tube and punched Oliver 1855 videos. There are many of different models. Some are walk arounds showing off their tractor. A couple show something attaching to the underside of the seat frame but the top link is not supported by it or the top link is not even on the tractor at the time the video is used. Hoping to get a look at one soon. Thanks.

/ looking for a pic or the part itself for an Oliver 1855 #6  
When I got my 1555, the top link and bracket were missing and someone had cobbled something up in its place. I found the parts to bring it back to original, minus the support. I have a cab on mine that has a support. I scanned the only picture I can find in both my operator's manual and the repair manual. I assume it would be similar or the same for your tractor. I can't figure out how to add it to this post, so will try to send it to you in a message.

Edit: If you PM me an e-mail address, I can attach the picture. I'm sure this is simple to do in a reply, but I don't have the patience to learn right now.:)

Last edited:
   / looking for a pic or the part itself for an Oliver 1855 #7  
Looks like it worked this time. Sorry about the small size. I scanned that out of my manual. Hope this helps with your model tractor.

Attachments

• Oliver.png
    Oliver.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 173
   / looking for a pic or the part itself for an Oliver 1855 #8  
I resized it a little bigger.

Oliver (Large).jpg

Thank you very much Xfaxman. This is great. Thank you again.

/ looking for a pic or the part itself for an Oliver 1855 #10  
And I thank oliver1555 for posting it so I could resize it! :D :thumbsup: