Hello from a new member - Hinomoto E2304

/ Hello from a new member - Hinomoto E2304 #1  

goodjo

Tractor
Hinomoto E2304
Hi everyone

Just bought my first tractor, an E2304 with loader. Not a bad little tractor for running around on my smallholding. :thumbsup:

I have a couple of questions for you all:

1. to the left of the seat there are three levers. I think I have figured which one is H/L ratio, but I wondered if someone knew the exact use of each lever? I'd like to figure 2/4wd and diff lock

2. does anyone know where to get an English operators manuel and parts manuel from?

3. what grade of oil does the fuel pump need?

Really appreciate the help!

John

/ Hello from a new member - Hinomoto E2304 #2  
Can't help with questions, but....

:wave:Welcome from New Hampshire. :us-newhampshire:

/ Hello from a new member - Hinomoto E2304 #3  
Welcome John to TractorByNet. :tractor:

/ Hello from a new member - Hinomoto E2304 #5  
Welcome from Ohio :welcome:

/ Hello from a new member - Hinomoto E2304 #6  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the All Other Brands forum. :)

/ Hello from a new member - Hinomoto E2304 #7  
Hi everyone

Just bought my first tractor, an E2304 with loader. Not a bad little tractor for running around on my smallholding. :thumbsup:

I have a couple of questions for you all:

1. to the left of the seat there are three levers. I think I have figured which one is H/L ratio, but I wondered if someone knew the exact use of each lever? I'd like to figure 2/4wd and diff lock

2. does anyone know where to get an English operators manuel and parts manuel from?

3. what grade of oil does the fuel pump need?

Really appreciate the help!

John

Hi John,
You must have gotten your E2304 about the same time I got mine, April 2013. I got a parts manual with mine; and it's printed in Japanese and English. I bought my E2304 from a man who had it 9 years. I have been told that I probably would not be able to find an operators manual or a workshop manual for the E2304 but that the operators and workshop manual for a Massey Ferguson 1030 would be the closest I would find. Hinomoto made Massey Ferguson series compact tractors for export during the same time they were making the E2304 for primarily sale and use in Japan and apparently the E2304 is almost identical to the Massey Ferguson 1030 so I bought the operators and workshop manuals for the Massey Ferguson 1030. On your fuel pump question, the Massey Ferguson 1030 manual shows the injector pump takes 200cc of motor oil (which calls for 15W40 engine oil for all temperatures above -10 deg C).
I saw that you said you have a loader on your E2304. Mine did not come with a loader, but I want to install one and I have researched that fairly extensively as I will be doing it myself. I was able to find a used Massey Ferguson 216/1016 loader, which apparently was the same model loader Massey Ferguson sold new with their model 1030 tractors. At that point, I found some blogs on the internet that indicated some owners of E2304 tractors had broken their tractors when using the loader. Some bloggers speculated that may have been done through abuse, but I sought all of the information I could find on the subject as I try to be thorough. Apparently the failures of the E2304 tractors with loaders all took place where the loader is mounted to 4 bolt holes on each side of the bell housing of the tractor, commonly called the "mid" loader mount. I found that the E2304 tractors have an aluminum bell housing, which apparently is fairly common on Japanese tractors. I also have found that the Massey Ferguson 1030 tractor, which is almost identical to the E2304, has a steel or cast iron bell housing while the E2304 has an aluminum bell housing. My speculation is that Massey Ferguson specified a stronger (steel or cast iron) bell housing because many of their 1030 tractors would be used with a loader; where the E2304 was made with an aluminum bell housing because tractors sold in Japan apparently rarely are fitted or used with a loader. I am sure the after market loaders installed on E2304 tractors are like all after market products in that some are properly fitted to the tractor and some might not be. At any rate; I do not feel comfortable mounting my loader to the threaded holes in the aluminum bell housing; unless that attachment point is reinforced in some way elsewhere. That is where I have a question for you, in that I am interested in exactly where and how your loader is mounted to the mid section of your E2304 and if you could photograph those mounting points I would appreciate it.
I also found another problem that some owners of E2304 tractors as well as Massey Ferguson 1030 tractors had where loaders were used. I have read some accounts of owners of E2304 and 1030 tractors breaking a front axle shaft and/or their related gears due to not weighting the rear end of their tractors properly when using their loaders. It seams that if the rear of the tractor is not weighted properly to keep the rear tires on the ground when a heavy load is lifted with the loader; when the rear of the tractor leaves the ground and comes back down; an excessive inverse torque is applied to the front axle shafts and gears and they break. If the rear tires stay on the ground when lifting; this can't happen. I suspect this also only can happen when the front axle is engaged with 4 wheel drive as it would harmlesssly rotate the axles and gears with no internal damage if the front axle is not engaged and the rear of tractor left and returned to the ground. The 4 wheel drive is a major benefit when using a loader; so the answer is making sure the tractor's rear is sufficiently weighted rather than disengaging the 4 wheel drive when using the loader.
I have found a great deal of good information and praise about the E2304 tractors and I am sure we will enjoy ours for many years to come

/ Hello from a new member - Hinomoto E2304 #8  
Hello goodjo, Now that you have had your E2304 for a few months I was wondering how the tractor has worked out for you. I looking at a E2304 now. Thanks, Frank

/ Hello from a new member - Hinomoto E2304 #9  
Welcome to the forum.