Ruggerini oil filter:Discontinued?

/ Ruggerini oil filter:Discontinued? #1  

Shadow99

Silver Member
Tractor
Pasquali 993 w/FEL, Economy2414 w/FEL
Been searching high & low for a replacement oil filter for my Pasquali 993 with a 30hp Ruggerini diesel. Found a Lombardini number on the filter, but not a cross-over number matching another brand. I'm at the point now of making a by-pass adapter to fit the housing, so I can run a remote-filter.
Unfortunatly the putts who installed the filter, (where I bought it used last yr), over-tightened it :mad:, and it doesn't want to come off. Twisted the 13mm hex stud at the top, which started to deform the can, tried grabbing the base of the filter, but no room to turn it with oil-feed for fuel-govenor line there :(.
Does anybody know what the size/pitch of the thread is on the stud on the oil-filter base is? Doesn't seem to show that spec anywhere in the overhaul manual.

Thanks,

Rick

/ Ruggerini oil filter:Discontinued? #2  
According to Baldwin filters, the filter (B7290) uses 3/4-16 threads on the filter. You can order these through Napa, at least around here. It uses the same part number as my 997. I haven't yet had to order one, but the girl over the phone when I checked said it was no problem to get their replacement filter, 1034, if they didn't have one one stock. I have not verified either of these part numbers to fit, but both the Baldwin and Napa websites came up with those parts to fit the Ruggerini engine, and they cross-reference.

Having said that, Tom at Italiantractors.com says filters aren't readily available in North America. Based on my interactions with him and his reputation, I wouldn't disagree. However, he does have them available, and they are certain to fit. He also warns that the oil filter base on the larger size Ruggerini engine from yours is prone to breaking. I do not know if it is the same as yours, but the filter numbers are the same. He says he is working on a conversion for that engine.

Can you drill a set of holes in the filter, jam a screwdriver in them, and double up with a wrench and the screwdriver to hopefully provide enough torque to get it off?

/ Ruggerini oil filter:Discontinued?
I was trying to avoid destroying the filter.
I had looked at Baldwin filters, but it's the I.D. thread that I was concerned with, 3/4"-16 thread, on an oil filter that is only 1.875" in diameter? The pictures of the Baldwin B7290, is fat & stubby, my filter is long & skinny at 1.875" dia by 4 3/4" long. I saw a embossed stamp of M14 on the bottom of another used oil-filter that, (the guy) had when I got my machine. Can't see the Italian's using "inch-spec threads" on the machine just for the oil filter.
I will most likely have to order one from Mr. Branch at Italian Tractors, until I complete fabricating my remote-adapter.

Rick

/ Ruggerini oil filter:Discontinued? #4  
There are 2 filters on Ebay under "175.11" for ruggerini -do they look like them? They have a hex on the end,but don't say what they fit, $42.50ea

They do look vary simular to the filter that's on my machine now, but $42.50 each?
Wow, do they last forever? Gold-plated? That's quite a bit of money for a disposable spin-on filter with not alot of surface-area!
Thanks anyway Barry!

Rick

/ Ruggerini oil filter:Discontinued? #6  
Anything ruggerini must be Gold-plated!!! I priced some parts for my MD151 and went into shock.I think Kohler owns them now,and haven't had time to see if their parts are any cheaper,probably even higher!

/ Ruggerini oil filter:Discontinued? #7  
I'm interested to see what you do for an adapter. The Italian tractors are kind of quirky, but I like mine anyway. The filter situation is kind of annoying. My filter is the same as yours, and if the Baldwin/Napa specifications are true, those won't fit. My 997 came with a spare filter, so I haven't had to find one yet.

All of my Yanmar, Kubota, Mitsubishi and Satoh tractors use inch-specification filters according to Baldwin/Napa, not that it means anything.

My tractor has enough room that I could get a strap wrench around the filter body, which should work.

Yeah, that's my next plan of attack to remove it with out damaging it further. Got the remote-adapter drawn up, 2" 7075-T6 Aluminum stock, now just need to machine it up.
Idea so far is a 2 piece unit, base plate with kidney slots & sealed center passage (designed 2 base plates, 1st has threaded center M14x2.0 2nd has thru hole & will use a stepped-nut), upper-body has IN & OUT ports bolted to base-plate with (6) M4x35mm socket head cap screws and use SAE-8 ports, and O-rings to seal upper to lower plates.
Here's a few pics of the oil-filter on my 993, the red 3/4" heater hose on the govenor line protects the line from chafing (notice it's 1/2 the diameter of the oil-filter itself!)
0705131226.jpg0705131222.jpg
Rick

/ Ruggerini oil filter:Discontinued? #9  
Is it possible that the bolt on top twists independent of the can? I'd still try backing off the bolt a little more.

Searching on the internet, and I seem to see a Kohler Filter, ED0021751850S, that may match for about $33. Unfortunately none of the websites seem to have good photos.

What you need is my FIAT reusable oil filter... just clean and reinstall.

/ Ruggerini oil filter:Discontinued? #10  
Still raining!! So I looked untill I found a picture of a "Clean DO315" filter that is supposed to cross to the Ruggerini 175.11 and the dimentions are D-48mm(1.89) x H- 118mm(4.645) x M14x1.5 threads, but nobody has any for sale.