Universal 640DT

/ Universal 640DT #1  

bluedogfish

Tractor
universal 445
Hi,

I have recently bought an Universal UTB 640DT four wheel drive, had been stored in barn for last 5 years so seized levers and rust seem to be only real issues, engine and box seem very tight, however there are a few parts missing, drawbar hook ( this one has a pick up hitch ), front hitch/weight plate. If anyone has or knows where I might find these parts please let me know.

Also pto seems to have 3 positions, left is drive presumably 540, middle neutral? and to the right nothing happens, is this broken, should it have twin speed pto?

I have scoured net, come up with Malpas for parts, also Sparex apparently and this forum, did find a fairly comprehensive site with history but have lost link. Any information, links etc would be greatly received as I'm pretty green in the tractor world.

Many Thanks, Ian.

/ Universal 640DT
Hi, still looking for information regarding Universal UTB 640dt. How to date tractor as unsure of manufacture year. Reviews from anyone, tips, parts information what ever.
Thank you Harry for your contribution with Long 610, however this appears to be different model altogether, that's if spec from " Tractor Data " is correct.

Thank you Ian

/ Universal 640DT #4  
Hi there if you google universal tractors canada you should get the site there is a phone number in Mississauga,Ontario and someone did answer when I called awhile back if you had the serial number or engine numbers I'm sure they would be able to get the year for you..I know on mine 640dtc i found some date code stampings that showed nov 20o1 so that with the serial number leads me to believe it's an 2002
I know this is an old post but I was cruising to see any other posts re universals 640.

/ Universal 640DT
Hi there if you google universal tractors canada you should get the site there is a phone number in Mississauga,Ontario and someone did answer when I called awhile back if you had the serial number or engine numbers I'm sure they would be able to get the year for you..I know on mine 640dtc i found some date code stampings that showed nov 20o1 so that with the serial number leads me to believe it's an 2002
I know this is an old post but I was cruising to see any other posts re universals 640.

Hi Thanks for that, have now sold as loosing oil pressure, crank worn.
Cheers