Branson 2800 Owners chime in thread and how is it working for you now.

/ Branson 2800 Owners chime in thread and how is it working for you now. #1  

Manshoon

Bronze Member
Tractor
2018 Kubota L3901 DT.
I am looking at getting a new tractor in the next 2 weeks, deals are being made and I am about to take the plunge to new ownership of the Branson 2800 4x4 with FEL and HST. It would be nice to hear from others that have the same tractor and how are you and it getting along since purchase. Are there any tricks or quirks to watch for in the first 50 hours of ownership that I need to keep an eye on ?

Thanks for any input you can offer or advice. :cool2:

/ Branson 2800 Owners chime in thread and how is it working for you now. #2  
I have the 2400H with 1200X FEL and MMM with 92 hrs on the clock.
Maintenance items are easy to access. Hood lifts up and out of the way nicely.
FEL is very easy to remove and install like most CUT's. I chose to replace the FEL control valve on mine since I did not like the limited amount of feathering the stock valve provided. I have not read of anyone changing this valve with 00 loader though.
3PH operates smoothly and holds position reasonably well when bush hogging.
Seems quieter to operate than my BX1850 was I.e. little or no HST whine.
4WD very easy to engage and disengage on mine.

The only complaints I have are:
1) When using the bush hog or some other implement that requires me to look over my right shoulder is that the differential lock lever rubs on the back of my leg.
2) Filler neck design on the fuel tank makes it very easy to over flow while refueling.

I have had the following three items fail under warranty and they have all been fixed with out question.
Before purchase the steering unit failed and was replaced.
1) Input shaft bearings on the front axle failed at 24.5 hrs. Factory determined during assembly the preload was set to high causing this failure. A complete new axle was installed.
2) Safety switch on the clutch failed in cold weather. Branson is now using a different design switch that prevents water ingression.
3) Steering cylinder leaked at 82 hrs. Found this was also an assembly issue where the end cap seals where pinched or damaged during assembly. Complete new cylinder was installed. Factory wanted the original cylinder back for inspection.

I would not hesitate to purchase another Branson. Dealer support has been superb and warranty coverage flawless.

/ Branson 2800 Owners chime in thread and how is it working for you now.
Awesome feedback. This is the stuff anyone likes to hear or see before making a huge purchase of this sort. Thank you for the reply.

/ Branson 2800 Owners chime in thread and how is it working for you now.
I have had my Branson now for almost a year and the update to where I am at today. The HST pump failed on me twice now within the first 25 hours, the first at 19 hours. The dealership replaced the O-rings in the HST pump with some inferior parts that were not Branson and they failed after 5 hours of usage. Which leaves me where I am at now, just hit 25 hours and the tractors been at the dealership now starting into the 7th week, waiting for someone to put on a new HST pump.

I am pissed off today, I want my tractor back, this isn't what I signed up for and payed out all the $ I did on new to have this type of problem.

/ Branson 2800 Owners chime in thread and how is it working for you now. #5  
Manshoon,
Have the dealer ship check your oil cooler/charge system pressure. I blew the HST filter and the cooler was the problem. Dealer said I was lucky since others had blown something in the HST.

I have not been able to get a schematic for this tractor but it sounds like the charge relief is either undersized or in the incorrect location.