New to the world of compact tractors and this forum.

/ New to the world of compact tractors and this forum. #1  

Steiner415

Tractor
Steiner 415 (2003)
Hello, acquiring a compact tractor and the desire to maintain good upkeep is what caused me to join this forum.

I have a Steiner 415 that my friend sold me. He owns the dealership and originally sold his brother the tractor in 2003. It had 400 hours on it and is in great shape. When I say that he sold it to me, I mean he took quite a hit. I have the tractor, a 48" flip-up deck, and 60" dozer/plow blade (all in darn good condition) for $5,150 in the end. Even the paint is barely worn. He gives me all parts and regularly replaced items at cost. I hate that he doesn't make anything off of me so I advertise his business as much as I can through conversation.

My first question:

The 415 model of 2003 had issues with the headlight burning out frequently, from what I understand. I was told it was possibly a heat issue. Frankly, I don't find the halogen light to be bright enough for my needs anyway and was wondering if there was an after-market LED solution? I contacted Steiner and was blown away to hear that no one has ever asked that. I contacted Ventrac (even though my model is too old to have a Ventrac brother) just out of curiosity, to no avail.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

/ New to the world of compact tractors and this forum. #2  
GOBS of guys here have done GOBS of aftermarket LED additions to their machines with varying results, many have included before and after pics as well. Makes for some interesting and educational reading.

If your friend owns a dealership and give you parts at cost, it's cause he's a real friend and not a fake one. Don't feel bad about him not making money off you, friends survive by helping one another, not paying each other's salaries. If you bring his business up in conversation at given opportunities, you're making him more money in the long run than the markup he'd make on the few parts you use anyway...

Welcome to TBN from Almost Heaven!

/ New to the world of compact tractors and this forum.
Well, I came up with a few ideas. I am sticking with the current setup, but swapping out the bulbs. I'll have pics once the parts are delivered and installed. This ought to be interesting.