Cast S.p.A. Bologna Italia tractor info

/ Cast S.p.A. Bologna Italia tractor info #1  

twodollarbill

Tractor
ford workmaster 601
Just came across on of these creatures in original good condition, what is it worth?

/ Cast S.p.A. Bologna Italia tractor info #2  
I have one also. Can't find out anything about it. Most people do not know about this tractor let alone what is is worth. The tractor is rare.

/ Cast S.p.A. Bologna Italia tractor info #3  
Hi Guys, Sorry for late reply - don't get back to the forums much. Cast tractors are few and far between. They only built a total of about 200 machines before shutting the doors. I understand that some parts like the CV's are common to older VW's, but for most of the tractor, parts are difficult. Engine rebuild parts are still available for many Slanzi models, but the short version is it's better to own two of them if you want to keep one going.

/ Cast S.p.A. Bologna Italia tractor info #4  
Where did you get the number 200. Another guy said there were 250 made. I own tractor 333. and I know of one numbered 496. someone said they quit making them about 1972-1978. There one for sale on the internet in Italy that they say is a 1980.

/ Cast S.p.A. Bologna Italia tractor info #5  
Hi Dale, I have also heard 250, but the number I was told by one of my sources in Italy was around 200. Unless the original manufacturer steps up, we probably will never know. Often tractor production doesn't start with 001 so tractor numbers don't mean much. They could have easily started at 100, 200 or 300. At any rate, the tractor wasn't successful and there are not many around which is why I advise owners to find another for parts. We can supply parts for the Slanzi diesels, but the rest of the tractor presents challenges.

/ Cast S.p.A. Bologna Italia tractor info #6  
I thought they may have started numbering cast tractors at 100 or 200 till two weeks ago when I bought a hood for my tractor off tractor 027.

/ Cast S.p.A. Bologna Italia tractor info #7  
Well, in that case there would be at least a possibility that they produced 496 of them.