Hard Starting Hinomoto E182

/ Hard Starting Hinomoto E182 #1  

stampede38899

Tractor
Tiashan Dragon 270
I just purchased a Hinomoto E182 2 cylinder diesel tractor. The tractor runs great but its hard to get started even in warm weather. Once it starts it will start everytime the rest of the day. The rest of the day it will start very easily, but if you let it sit overnight its hard to start. The guy I bought it from replaced one of the glow plugs and has another one on the way. The glowpugs have been wired directly from the battery with a push button(guess that will work):confused:. My questions are will that other glowplug make that much difference, is this engine use to be started on ether(I have got it started without), is the head gasket blown(the antifreeze looks great)? Ive heard that a tractor will loose power if ones blown and my tractor runs great and pulls great once started. Also when I am trying to start it white or grey smoke comes out the exhaust(it smells like raw diesel). Thanks for any info:thumbsup:
Does anyone else have a hinomoto e182? How are they and do they hold up? mine has 1675 hours.I have heard my tractor is about identical to a massey 1020.

Thanks

/ Hard Starting Hinomoto E182 #2  
This type of diesel engine needs all glowplugs functioning to start properly. Even three and four cylinder engines will be difficult to start with one bad glowplug. If you only have two cylinders, one nonfiring cylinder is a major obstacle.

/ Hard Starting Hinomoto E182
I noticed today that the back injector was leaking and was wandering if that would cause it so be hard to start. I think that it is loosing its prime and being stubborn to start. I would like to know if I need to replace the injector or replace the o-ring. The tractor starts and runs great after it starts. Also not sure where its leaking I think maybe its leaking where the fuel line screws onto the injector. Any help would be appreciated.