Long 2360 PTO Problem

/ Long 2360 PTO Problem #1  

JD5210

Veteran Member
Tractor
5210 MFWD
A friend of mine owns a Long 2360, the PTO lever located in front of and to the left of the driver seat no longer turns the PTO off. The lever moves freely up and down. Before I start to do anything, I thought I would ask and see if anyone has any suggestions as what could be the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

/ Long 2360 PTO Problem #2  
About all you can do from the outside is follow the linkage and determine if the cross shaft through the bell housing is actually rotating when the lever is moved up and down. If so, the problem is internal. Release bearing, clutch levers, maybe the setbolt anchoring the fork to the cross shaft backed out. Don't know if Long put an inspection plate under the bell housing, but you might check for one. You may have to split it to find the problem.

/ Long 2360 PTO Problem
Thanks for the reply, I will pass this along to my friend to look at.

Thanks!

/ Long 2360 PTO Problem #4  
I remember that lever but that has been 20 years ago.. Also there is another lever at the floor level, that goes left and right, I can remember if it had a neutral position or not but its function was to switch between synchronous ( with the wheel rotation) PTO and independent PTO. check that little lever to make sure it is engaged properly. That's all I can remember, sorry not much to go on.

James K0UA

/ Long 2360 PTO Problem
Went and looked at my friends Long 2360 yesterday. I brought home the manual and I think his problem is one of not looking closely at the manual. I have attached info from the manual.

I have agreed to help him do maintenance on the tractor and BOY does it need it.

For those that have or had a Long 2360 could you help me with a few things:

On the power steering reservoir the manual says drain the reservoir, I did not see a way to drain it other than remove one of the two lines going into it. Is this how you do it or is there another way?

We plan to replace the fuel filters do you really need to do all things to bleed it? Bleed the primary filter, then the secondary filter, then the injection pump (lower vent plug), then injectors, then the injection pump again (upper vent plug).

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PTO.jpg
    PTO.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 181
   / Long 2360 PTO Problem #6  
Sorry I am not much help, but all I remember about the fuel system, when I did have it open to replace the lift pump, that failed due to a perforated diaphragm, I did not have to go through the whole bleed procedure. It started after I tightened everything back up. As for the power steering reservoir, I never drained it. Again sorry, not much help.

James K0UA