TAFE.......good as Tym/Mahindra/Branson/Century?

/ TAFE.......good as Tym/Mahindra/Branson/Century? #1  

Durbob

Gold Member
I've been looking at a lot of tractors lately and i've come across a Tafe that is a 39HP mitsubishi engine,with a hydrostatic tranny and an independent electric hydraulic pto with a FEL. It is model 3600 HST. Now the questions...how does it compare to the Branson/Century/mahindra/Tym tractors? Is it on as heavy as a frame and is the independent electric hydraulic pto a good thing or not? I know it's made in India,so i'm wondering if it is a modern tractor at all or based on some early sixties model. I found it at a dealer on the internet for 17,000.00. That seems like a steal for a hydrostatic tranny with that much power with a fel, especially when you figure in the Mitsubishi motor. Thank you for your responses. What other tractors would you reccommend in the 30-40 hp range for 17,000.00 and under. I'm working on trying to get about 8 acres if the deal doesn't fall thru. Will use a finish mower along with the garden implements and maybe clear some land.

Attachments

• 322132-T3600.jpg
    322132-T3600.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 400
   / TAFE.......good as Tym/Mahindra/Branson/Century? #2  
Durbob:

If I remember right that model "TAFE 3600HST" tractor is the same as the Landtrac 300 & 360 models built in the same factory in Korea just brought into the U.S.A. under a differant importer for sale under a differant name.

Do your search for "Landtrac 300 or 360 and see, I'm betting they look the same and have the same specs.

Whiskey

/ TAFE.......good as Tym/Mahindra/Branson/Century? #3  
I think you got it, Whiskey. I went to the Long website and the physical resemblance (other than the purple color) is striking. Especially Durbob's attached pic and the one show here listed under HST models.
Mark

PS: Forgot to express my opinion /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
IF THEY ARE THE SAME AS LANDTRACS: your price is much better than the dealers I looked at - about $2-3K less, so they were in the range of the bigger companies. They have the separate HST pedals like JD and the Class III NH, which I like. They had many things standard that are optional on most brands, like 2 remotes, extendible link ends, draft control, even a trailer electrical plug. I think they compare well to the mid-sized compacts (class II NH, Kub L3130, etc). If specs haven't changed and YOU HAVE A GOOD DEALER, I think that it should be on your list.

/ TAFE.......good as Tym/Mahindra/Branson/Century? #4  
Could some of you guys please put up some dealers for
Scorpion T300 on a new thread I have seen Flippen
and Ross Agri still trying to find someone a little farther west
Also are there any TYM Scorpion dealers in Colorado or are
they all TYM 330 only I do not know
where the franchise dividing line is in USA for these
Tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="black"> </font>

/ TAFE.......good as Tym/Mahindra/Branson/Century? #5  
DALE OWEN is the west coast factory rep for TYM call him and ask him where the line is. 541-740-7781. Since there is absolutely no difference between a Scorpion and a TYM, either should get you what your looking for.