Ferguson Hydraulics

/ Ferguson Hydraulics #1  

mikefinger

Tractor
Ferguson
I am taking possession of a 1952 Ferguson TO 30. Is there a way to add hydraulics to this tractor? It has a working 3 point hitch and is in pretty good condition over all.

/ Ferguson Hydraulics #2  
it HAS hyds.

the 3pt isn't lifted by magic!!!

you can tap the 3pt hyds by chaining them down and diverting oil to a valve to run.. say.. a lift implement wheel cyl.. or to a OC valve for a loader.

you can also add a stinger pump and then have your choice of flow rates and capacity pumps..

/ Ferguson Hydraulics
Thanks, I knew the 3pt was hydraulic because Ferguson didn't develop the magic 3pt hitch until much later. Lol. I could have worded that better. I was wanting to add remotes to run other implements. Is a stinger a pump that runs off the pto? If so that sounds like it would give better flexibility of possible implements.

/ Ferguson Hydraulics #4  
stinger pumps run off the crank snout.. pto pumps are available. BUT.. with a non live pto. it can be a hassle.. and also sometimes it messe sup 3pt geometry fro implements that use the pto.. even with a passthru long pto stub.

pto pump is usually cheaper and easier to setup than a stinger pump.. so no free lunch either way.

if you just needed low flow and temp use.. again.. like a lift wheel on a pull implemnent.. you can chainthe lift and use diverted flow witht he 3pt control for a sa lift cyl.. or if needing DA cyls.. get a cheap OC da log splitter valve ( less than 100$ ), and can get by that way with about 2.85gpm / 1500-1700 psi 3pt pump hyds.. )

/ Ferguson Hydraulics #6  
let us know how you make out.

/ Ferguson Hydraulics
Will do, it might be a couple months though. Have to get a few other projects ahead of it.

/ Ferguson Hydraulics #8  
cool. good luck and post back when you get to it.

/ Ferguson Hydraulics #9  
I sure the hydraulics on your TO 30 are better than the hydraulics the TO 20 I once had. I had every old tractor mechanic that I could find try to make my hydraulics better. It didn't work out. Got rid of the TO 20 for better hydraulics. The hydraulics on the tractor I have might not be the best, but they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the TO 20 I once had

/ Ferguson Hydraulics #10  
at best.. the early hyds were 1500-1700 psi and 2.85 gpm.. IF the relief was working, and the piston to cyl seal was good, and the chambers were good...