Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 G TORO+Loader

Default Re: any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

Sounds like a good deal.

Have you measured the actual difference in circumference between the old and new tires?

You must have a late model 325D to have the two-way clutch. Let us know how it works with the new tires.
    Hold "Ctrl" (Control) and click on a picture or a Link, to open it in a new Tab.

My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

V417 Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor): The best machine to do what I need a machine to do

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Toro 325-D 4WD

Drove it on concrete to check for binding traction, with no apparent issues. I have 3/8in clearance on the left side fender (in front of tool box), and about the same to the inside (outside of frame).

Quick question... I just replace the trans (whole assembly), and I'm having one heck of a time bleeding the steering and lift circuits. About a half gallon of fluid and some bubbles later, still no power steering and lift. Both worked fine before I replaced the trans. Any advice?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Toro 325-D 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    Sounds like a good deal.

Have you measured the actual difference in circumference between the old and new tires?

You must have a late model 325D to have the two-way clutch. Let us know how it works with the new tires.
    No circumference measurement, but here are some pics (the scrub marks are from having to move it with the old flat tires, not from the new ones):

Mine is a '98 model. They listed an option for 10.50 width tires in the manual and optional wheels (12x10, I think)... but mine had the standard 128.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    1710 Ford, Versatile 150

Those tires look good on there - but maybe a little tight?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Toro 325-D 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Creamer View Post
    Those tires look good on there - but maybe a little tight?
    Maybe...

I wouldn't limp them around on low pressure.

I tried them out on a wet incline and a soggy runoff area. Great traction and flotation.

Only issues I have experienced are turf damage when turning sharp from sidehill to uphill climb (easy enough to avoid), and a somewhat reduced ride quality. My old turf tires had some give, but were old and worn out. With the weight of my flail deck and the stiffer tires, downhill on rough grade gets a bit jerky on fore/aft weight transfer... not enough to lift the rears, but enough to make my worn out Grammar seat uncomfortable after 6 or 7 acres of hillside

Elite Member
    Tractor
    1710 Ford, Versatile 150

Quote Originally Posted by MultiMow View Post
    Maybe...

I wouldn't limp them around on low pressure.

I tried them out on a wet incline and a soggy runoff area. Great traction and flotation.

Only issues I have experienced are turf damage when turning sharp from sidehill to uphill climb (easy enough to avoid), and a somewhat reduced ride quality. My old turf tires had some give, but were old and worn out. With the weight of my flail deck and the stiffer tires, downhill on rough grade gets a bit jerky on fore/aft weight transfer... not enough to lift the rears, but enough to make my worn out Grammar seat uncomfortable after 6 or 7 acres of hillside
    Roughness - another reason to run them flatter. What you are feeling is them going up on a cleat and then off.

any toro groundsmaster fans on here?-ebay-pump-jpgFinally got the Hydro problem on my 325D fixed. The pump was getting too weak to lift deck and hard to steer.
    Instead of taking it out over the winter, bought a EBay pump for a spare, $430. It looked so good ,decided to
    just try it. Just primed it with clean oil, and swapped. It works great ,now lifts deck even at lowest throttle, and
    steers soo much easier. Happy Mowing

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Toro 325-D 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Creamer View Post
    Roughness - another reason to run them flatter. What you are feeling is them going up on a cleat and then off.
    Not really. On the flats, they're fine. Only on rough terrain headed downhill do I feel any difference. When I say "rough", I mean steeply sloped pasture with drain lines and cow paths. On the normal bumpy (not maintained "turf"... just normal field mowing) they're great.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Toro 325-D 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by crazycarl View Post
    any toro groundsmaster fans on here?-ebay-pump-jpgFinally got the Hydro problem on my 325D fixed. The pump was getting too weak to lift deck and hard to steer.
    Instead of taking it out over the winter, bought a EBay pump for a spare, $430. It looked so good ,decided to
    just try it. Just primed it with clean oil, and swapped. It works great ,now lifts deck even at lowest throttle, and
    steers soo much easier. Happy Mowing
    Nice catch Carl. A working transmission with a good charge pump will usually fetch around the $700 mark. A refurb will run around $1,600. If you're lucky enough to find a new unit (I was told by Sauer-Sundstrand they don't make them anymore) they're about $2,000+.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Toro 325-D 4WD

Thought I'd share my latest find, with you guys...

My replacement flail deck!

That's not water shining... It's OEM paint!... and she's dirty, at that!

I still have two 72" recycler decks for sale, my old flail deck, and a 2wd 328D with 2nd gen Cozy Cab (wider model) with working fan and full light package, auxiliary front hydraulics, and 3 rear suitcase weights.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast