Pasquali Hydraulic Capacity

/ Pasquali Hydraulic Capacity #1  

Shadow99

Silver Member
Tractor
Pasquali 993 w/FEL, Economy2414 w/FEL
I'm planning on adding a 3rd function valve to the FEL on my Pasquali 993 & adding a set of remote's out by the 3pt hitch. I've seen Pasquali's with both the FEL & Backhoe mounted to same machine. My question is did all those hydraulic functions feed off the standard tiny hydraulic tank, or did they add a remote tank for the BH?

Thanks Guys!

Rick

/ Pasquali Hydraulic Capacity #2  
Nobody else has said anything, so I'll share the reality of my ignorance. I have seen the brochures advertising the Pasquali backhoes and loader. There is no mention about the hydraulic system used for these attachments. My suspicion is that the backhoe used the power beyond function in the loader valve on the standard hydraulic system, and did not add a tank. However, I'm also not sure that the stock reservoir would have adequate volume to support operating a backhoe. My loader operates from the small factory reservoir.

I have a 997, and my biggest complaint about the tractor is its inadequately designed hydraulic system. If all you are planning to do is add a remote valve, I think it will be adequate and work just fine. Post some pictures of what you do; I'm considering doing the same thing with mine.

/ Pasquali Hydraulic Capacity #3  
Italian tractors (especially the older models) have what we consider tiny hydraulic tank capacity. They were meant to provide adequate oil reserve for a single acting, three point hitch lift. While the reserve capacity is small, they do quite well, especially considering it's about 15% of what we would consider bare minimum. Early Japanese tractors were similar. The older Pasquali loaders are common to North America and still going strong after 40 years (using the same tank). For a simple remote to the rear, I would put a diverter valve on your spool and run a line back from the valve to a quick coupler. This way you will have the two single acting circuits. When using couplers on lines, it's a good idea to always point the male end in the direction of flow. It will prevent you coupling incorrectly when dealing with power beyond / return lines.

/ Pasquali Hydraulic Capacity
Thanks 284 & Tom!

Yeah, the Pasquali FEL still works great, even tho the cylinder rods could use spray metalizing & new seals on the glands. She only weaps a small amount of fluid (from various cylinders & FEL valves), for a vintage 1971 original unit.
It's the loss of not having "float," on the FEL for the loader arms, that gets me (took the high-spots off the driveway,
1st year after a snowstorm), when I realized there was no float.:shocked:
So the gameplan is quite large, replace the FEL valves, (4-way joystick w/float & remote on FEL), trash the main valve (3pt hitch), located in the most inconvenient spot (up front, behind steering wheel), & move it under the seat, with a remote next to it (to operate the chute on my snowblower).
My Economy is setup that way & its easy to operate, cause your body is already twisted to look behind you, (if you look to the right).
Now, blending of the old style banjo-fittings to SAE or NPT fittings could be the most interesting part of this whole project.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Thanks,
Rick

/ Pasquali Hydraulic Capacity #5  
A float is nice to have and luckily, hydraulic components are less expensive and more accessible to us now than in the past. The banjo fittings are not as common and can sometimes be challenging. We carry lots of odds and sods for the banjos, so if you do run into problems don't hesitate to call or write. It's hard to believe those FEL's work as well as they do with so little reserve, but they certainly have stood the test of time. I was talking to some miners out West who have been using a Pasquali 5 days a week for over 10 years mucking out ore. They have run it on vegetable oil for years (because they drive in and out of the mine) and while it does require seal overhauls, it's held up well.